PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire

new2rc
07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi all

Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my near maiden ready Spitfire.

It is made by HaiKong available through Grand Hobby http://store.grandhobby.com/newrarercpl4.html
Very similar to the Ripmax Spit, but a more scale cowl and better motor mounting.

John and Christo

miljnor
07-28-2006, 10:23 PM
very nice!

Those look like retracts, Are they?

And do you have any disassembled pictures? pre-build?

new2rc
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
very nice!

Those look like retracts, Are they?

And do you have any disassembled pictures? pre-build?
Hi Michael
Thanks ;)

The model is an ARF and has bolt on wire gear in the kit, but comes with no under carriage. I custom fit the Robart mech. retracts in the scale Spitfire location using the covering print as a guide. It is my first attempt at retracts and my first war bird. There are other scale touches too, but the retracts were way beyond me :rolleyes:. Only the maiden will tell if I succeeded.

John and Christo

Sorry, grabbed the thumb :o

alienx
07-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Very nice looking bird. I'd be interested to see more pics or video if you get some.

miljnor
07-31-2006, 04:07 AM
well even if they don't work you did a nice job on the install.

wouldn't mind doing that one myself!

new2rc
08-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks guys :)

The retracts were major work including cutting of the main spar :eek:. I used Robart retract 600's as they were the only set that can be taken apart and set up to work in the opposite direction. Due to the crazy angle, they are actuated by an S-75 servo for each through an adjustable rate reducer. The plane did pass taxi testing tracking nice and straight.

I did add doublers around the main spar cuts and painted the inside wood. No liners yet for the wheel housings.

John and Christo