PDA

View Full Version : Geobat -- Manufactured by Cloud Nine R/C

cloudninerc
07-31-2006, 12:18 AM
Hello to all,

Here at Cloud Nine R/C (http://www.cloudninerc.com) we are pleased to announce a new line of aircraft, the Geobat. This odd looking aircraft, shaped like a U.F.O., will make an excellent addition to your hanger.

This aircraft, invented by Jack Jones (http://www.geobat.com) who has given us permission to manufacture and kit this model, is sure to WOW all at the local flying field.

Thank you,
Wade McBeth
Cloud Nine R/C
www.cloudninerc.com (http://www.cloudninerc.com)

ForestCam
07-31-2006, 12:33 AM
$95!!!??? That's got to be the most expensive profile plane ever! http://home.comcast.net/~forestcam2/eek.gif

cloudninerc
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
ForestCam,
Thank you for bringing the cost to my attention.

The cost has been fixed and should be $75 not $95.

Again my Apologies to this error in pricing.

Wade McBeth
Cloud Nine R/C

Old Fart
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Still a lot of money for basically three pieces of foam :(

cloudninerc
07-31-2006, 07:28 PM
There are 2 pieces for the wing, 2 fuselage cores, a depron doubler, pushrods, canopy, carbon fiber spars, links control horns, etc... all the accessories needed to finish this model.
All that is needed by the customer is the motor, and radio equipment.

The basic Depron foam kit is $35, which is more than comparable to many smaller blue foam models that still need the equipment to finish, pushrods, etc... in hobby shops.

Thank you,
Wade McBeth

PecanPatch
08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey Jeff,
I'm Mark :cool: .
I worked with Wade on getting the foamie Geobats going.

I wish we could charge less for the kits, really I do. But this is just a couple of Home boys (Americans) trying to promote this design till it gets the attention of a bigger manufacturer.
We buy in small quanities to see if this project is going to take off (pun intended) so that keeps the cost up somewhat. At this time I make the canopies in my kitchen stove.

People are used to buying Chinese made stuff that is so incrediblee cheap you just dont see how we Americans can compete. Well we cant!

Maybe in a year or so you can buy one with that famous "Made In Taiwan" sticker on it and have that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you realise how much money you saved :rolleyes:

I fly a 23 lb. 1/4 scale version of this design and I can attest to the fact that this design has one of the highest "Cool" factors ever. People just love it.

My fan fold foamie seems indestructable as well. I have hit a pecan tree, my dog, and the ground with it and she is still going. (pic attached)

I have had more fun with this plane than you would believe!

You can see this model fly on the new video put out by SKS Video productions "SEFF 2006"

Good Luck In all You do!
Marko :D

PecanPatch
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Wade,
I thought I would throw in a pic of the Black Stangbat here.:D
This one was decorated to look like a USAF U.A.V.

Marko

tramp8754
07-30-2007, 03:19 AM
30" diameter

Rabbitcreekok
07-30-2007, 06:28 AM
What is the connection, if any, between this Cloud 9 RC and the Cloud 9 RC owned for years by John Worth?

gmagic911x
07-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Is Cloud Nine still in business? I can't find any current info about the Geobat kit.

gramps2361
07-23-2012, 02:28 AM
looks like they are gone here is a build link on this saucer.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1386754&highlight=geo+bat

gmagic911x
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks! I'm surprised Park Zone or somebody hasn't come up with an electric version by this time.

PecanPatch
07-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks! I'm surprised Park Zone or somebody hasn't come up with an electric version by this time.

We are too..... we have spoke with Horizon and Multiplex at SEFF.
They dont seem interested...
There are no kits at this time...... But you can cut the pieces out in a coupla hours guys.... Follow the link^ above...;)

gmagic911x
07-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I need some help on how to download the plans at the above link. When I click on #1 (far left) it shows the full plan on 8-1/2 x 11 at 17.3%, #2 (75.9%), but much scrolling need to see the parts, #3 (73.7%) again much scrolling needed and #4, a full plan again on 8-1/2 x 11 at 11.2%. Should I copy the 2nd or 3rd and tape them together? Should it be at 100% for this 40" version? Or should I use #1 or #4 at 100%.

gramps2361
07-24-2012, 02:55 AM
I haven't downloaded the plans from that site. They are tiled plans so you down load them and print them out and tape them together. Some just appaer to be individual parts to cut out. on the scaling that you mention for each one I don't understand that one myself seems they should be the same, but I am no wizard with this stuff. Give it a try print them out and see what you get had to do that myself on a couple of foam downloads.
Good luck and maybe Pecanpatch will chime in again he would have better info than I could give you seeing how he has made them.

PecanPatch
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
You guys should ask me questions on the RCG build thread...
I dont really use wattflyer...

I know I have a full sheet file listed over there..... you can download it to a thumb drive and tell kinkos to print it full size.... guys are getting this done for about $5 ;)