PDA

View Full Version : which charger ?

Rhondas
08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
:confused: :o

IM in sorta a catch 22, I have all my electric set ups for 6 to 8 cells or 2x5 14 cells . with brushed motors geared some belt some direct both 600 speed and 400 sped motors an esc's to match with chargers, Should I just use up everything I have and gradually go into brushless or what, its a shame to have all theses set ups working pretty good and the only advantage of brushless Ian alittle more power and duration and less geared set ups, unless I go brushless using nicads ,what do ya think

2dogrc
08-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Well you are not in that bad a situation! You already know what your planes require as far as motor and stuff. I would recommend changing you batteries! This would give you the greatest gain. The lipolys will reduce the weight and make your motors seem more powerful!

I hope that helps!

Rhondas
08-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Well you are not in that bad a situation! You already know what your planes require as far as motor and stuff. I would recommend changing you batteries! This would give you the greatest gain. The lipolys will reduce the weight and make your motors seem more powerful!

I hope that helps!
Yes I guess the receivers, motors and ESC'S can be used with LIpos?? Is that right?:o I would say I have about 9 good up to snuff Nicad packs, and 20 sub c cells 1400mah not assembled ,when they go down its over, or before they go down I may get a trident charger and 2 lipos, what do you think? Im Just hoping that they come out with a newer type battery and charger in a couple years,like a Zeon LIpo battery:D

2dogrc
08-30-2005, 05:27 PM
Batteries keep getting better and lighter! They should have good batteries that can take a 2c charge next year. I would suggest teh Hobbico Elite charger actually. You can charge 2 batteries at once, which is very helpful in increasing daily flight times! That or the MK II, which has a few less features. I fly comabt with my Xpower batteries, and let other guys fly my planes! If I couldn't charge 2 batteries at once my flight times would be greatly limited!

The batteries you have may get a few dollars on ebay to help buy some batteries:) With the brushed motors, I would keep the batteries at 2 cells.

Enjoy, I am off to fly for a bit at the school a block away!