PDA

View Full Version : Home page has changed

Geoff_Gino
08-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi Mike

The home page is no longer showing the amount of new posts and there is no 'mark forums read' menu choice.

Rugar
08-04-2006, 06:49 AM
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=93158&postcount=6

admin
08-04-2006, 12:41 PM
mark forums read is under the quick links menu in the main nav. I will bring back the other nav shortly. just making sure this is stable then wil fold things back in over the coming days one by one

Geoff_Gino
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks Mark

admin
08-04-2006, 01:55 PM
check out the new posts I put in now at top nav!

Geoff_Gino
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks again

Crash Test Dummy
08-04-2006, 03:15 PM
Looks good Marc.

CTD

Grasshopper
08-04-2006, 03:25 PM
I get a box in the lower RH corner that doesn't show the icon. It says "Multi-Quote This Message" The icon has a red x in it. What is this?

aviatordave
08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Since admin is here.......is the upgrade going to include uploading photos that are not downsized to fit? (does that sound right??? ultimately - will we have to keep resizing? it really takes away from the Aerial Photography forum)

TIA - Dave

Rugar
08-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I get a box in the lower RH corner that doesn't show the icon. It says "Multi-Quote This Message" The icon has a red x in it. What is this?
I'm having the same problem with just seeing the box with a red X instead of seeing a Icon, but it works fine though. I'm wondering how many others are having the same problem?
What that function does is you can click that Icon (Red X box) on several posts that you want to respond to and then click the "Post Reply" button and the "Quote" will automatically be displayed so that you can respond to different posts all at once without having to make a quote for all the threads manually. Kinda hard for me to explain, but if you try it you will see what it does. I'm using it right now to respond to yours and Dave's posts at the same time.

Since admin is here.......is the upgrade going to include uploading photos that are not downsized to fit? (does that sound right??? ultimately - will we have to keep resizing? it really takes away from the Aerial Photography forum)

TIA - Dave
That feature is now in place, but there still seems to be a dimension size restriction, but not a file size restriction. What dimension size are your photos taken at with your camera? Mine are 3072 X 2304 and I get a error telling me the pictures are to large. I think Marc is working on this.

aviatordave
08-04-2006, 06:22 PM
it works for me

2560x1920 pixels

2.5 meg - auto resized to 360 kb

I posted in your test thread, check it out! ------> http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=93318&postcount=7

I'm happy - I'll spread the news

Dave

Mike Parsons
08-04-2006, 06:25 PM
It seems the problem is with the 3008 x 2000 dimension files and up. Anything under this demension will auto resize fine. It is indeed something that is on the list to look at. Like Gerald I do have quite a few photos at 3008 x 2000 and larger depending on how I shoot with my Nikon D70.

Rugar
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
I guess my picture size must just be over the size limit :(. Im using a Nikon 7900 set at 7.1 Megapixels.

aviatordave
08-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Us poor folk just use 5 megapixel cameras :p

Rugar
08-04-2006, 06:51 PM
OH believe me when I say no rich folks here :o. I just did ALOT of research and found mine on sale for not much more then a Nikon 3700 was going to cost me which is what I was going to get. The price I had to pay for a FAST 80X 1 GB card was the painful part. I just wanted to make sure I had a fast card so I didn't miss any AP shots. Camera still has never been in the air :o.

ForestCam
08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm having the same problem with just seeing the box with a red X instead of seeing a Icon, but it works fine though. I'm wondering how many others are having the same problem?
What that function does is you can click that Icon (Red X box) on several posts that you want to respond to and then click the "Post Reply" button and the "Quote" will automatically be displayed so that you can respond to different posts all at once without having to make a quote for all the threads manually. Kinda hard for me to explain, but if you try it you will see what it does. I'm using it right now to respond to yours and Dave's posts at the same time.

That feature is now in place, but there still seems to be a dimension size restriction, but not a file size restriction. What dimension size are your photos taken at with your camera? Mine are 3072 X 2304 and I get a error telling me the pictures are to large. I think Marc is working on this.

OH believe me when I say no rich folks here :o. I just did ALOT of research and found mine on sale for not much more then a Nikon 3700 was going to cost me which is what I was going to get. The price I had to pay for a FAST 80X 1 GB card was the painful part. I just wanted to make sure I had a fast card so I didn't miss any AP shots. Camera still has never been in the air :o.

The multi quote is pretty cool! Saves a LOT of cutting and pasting! :D

admin
08-04-2006, 07:51 PM
My multi-quote is showing the icon. for those who don't see it are you on firefox or IE?

The upload limit is 6MB. I could set it to a higher number for those big cameras. Let me try it and see if it works here in just a few minutes.

Grasshopper
08-04-2006, 07:57 PM
My multi-quote is showing the icon. for those who don't see it are you on firefox or IE?

The upload limit is 6MB. I could set it to a higher number for those big cameras. Let me try it and see if it works here in just a few minutes.

I'm on IE. I checked my settings to see if I had something set up to block them but I couldn't find anything. I'll look at it this evening at home and see if it's doing it there too.

Rugar
08-04-2006, 08:04 PM

IE

admin
08-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I see icon in IE and firefox. not sure why the block. maybe make sure wattflyer.com is on your trusted sites list. the icon has some ajax javascript associated to its state and that migth cause a block

Grasshopper
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
I checked and wattflyer is listed in my trusted sites. I'm wondering if it isn't some type of security setting in our corporate system?

firemanbill
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM

Shoot I still got a 3.0!:eek:

I really gotta stop buying planes for a while and think about a new camera!

firemanbill
08-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Got three emails updating this thread

Rugar
08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Well that sucks! :mad:

ForestCam
08-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Well now we know it wasn't the new posts link on the footer doing it. *hint hint, nudge nudge*
I've hit the Contact Us link more times then I'd like to admit. LOL
:D

:edit: although when you do hit the Contact Us link the New Posts link is right there within easy reach. :p

firemanbill
08-05-2006, 04:14 AM
Mulitples still going strong, Just got thirteen (13) saying AEAJR replied to this thread.:(

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93435#post93435

admin
08-05-2006, 04:30 AM
bill,

thanks for the report. this makes me wonder if this is due to a mailer system bug rather than a forum bug now. I'm going to switch mailers in the coming days as a test to see if it fixes it. I can't do it until maybe sunday because I'm out tomorrow and cannot monitor this

admin
08-05-2006, 04:41 AM
before I do that..I just made a change right now and used locking on a mail send function. this very well might fix it so lmk before I pop in a new mailer!

marc

firemanbill
08-05-2006, 04:44 AM
at 11:39 I received 3 from the AHAA mods thread. I'll let you know if I get more or not.

firemanbill
08-05-2006, 05:07 AM
well only 1 each to the three new ones since then... cross your fingers!:D

firemanbill
08-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Marc that may have fixed it. I haven't received any multiples since your last change.:)

Grasshopper
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
I see icon in IE and firefox. not sure why the block. maybe make sure wattflyer.com is on your trusted sites list. the icon has some ajax javascript associated to its state and that migth cause a block

Hi Marc,

I've tried it at home now too and still just get a red x in the box and the multi quote function won't work. I've checked and wattflyer is added to my allowed sites. Any suggestions? You've got to be pulling your hair out by now but keep up the good work. It will get there.

Thanks,

Tom

admin
08-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Here is the image itself. see if you can see it at its abolute url:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

if so that means your browser is stopping some javascript from rendering the image. you might need to add wattflyer.com to your trusted sites list and ensure trusted sites are allowed to use javascript. this feature relies on javascript to work and I think to render the image. when working right and clicking on it the multiquote image changes from blue to red without page refresh.

this is what it would look like

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif

Grasshopper
08-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks Marc,

I can see it as an absolute URL. I'll check my settings again.

Twmaster
08-06-2006, 03:56 AM

Get the unloaded image icon on my browser. Safari 2.0.4, OS-X 10.4.7

Also clicking it does absolutely nothing.

admin
08-06-2006, 04:37 PM
It appears some browsers are not happy with the ajax code used for the multi-quote. hmmm...

Grasshopper
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Yep, I was just checking all my settings and can't find anything that would keep it from working.

Rugar
08-08-2006, 05:57 PM

Which background Style are you using? I was using Amp Blue and was having the same problem. I just changed mine to the Default Style and the Icon now shows up.

aviatordave
08-08-2006, 05:59 PM
yep - same here

admin
08-08-2006, 06:02 PM
ah hah! that explains it...it is a per style bug...I'm on it.

admin
08-08-2006, 06:24 PM
I have disabled the alternate color styles until they can be updated as well to ensure compatibility. Once the updates are committed then I will reenable. this should help any oddball bugs or issues from old template versions.

Grasshopper
08-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Yep, the icon is there now.

Twmaster
08-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Oooo-k.

That fixed the icon image problem for me as well. However, what exactly does the multi-quote button do? Or more specifically how do I use it? Pointers to relevant FAQ is also welcome.

Mike Parsons
08-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Oooo-k.

That fixed the icon image problem for me as well. However, what exactly does the multi-quote button do? Or more specifically how do I use it? Pointers to relevant FAQ is also welcome.
Info below
Yep, the icon is there now.
Glad it fixed it
I have disabled the alternate color styles until they can be updated as well to ensure compatibility. Once the updates are committed then I will reenable. this should help any oddball bugs or issues from old template versions.
Good job Marc!

By clicking the multiquote button on each message that you want to reply to and then choosing the quote button, it will include all text from each post choosen. That way you can reply to each question or comment seperately without having to cut and paste. Just as is done in this message.

Twmaster
08-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Oh. My.

That is neat. I like.

Thanks Mike!

Mike Parsons
08-08-2006, 09:23 PM
No problem Mike :)

Grasshopper
08-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks Guys! Great job!

vax6335
08-11-2006, 05:19 AM
This isn't really that big of a deal to me, but it seems that when on the home page, most of the time not all of the Image Gallery thumbs will load. Sometimes only one or two pics will show up. Just thought I'd let you know that. I'm using Firefox btw.

Geoff_Gino
08-11-2006, 06:46 AM
This isn't really that big of a deal to me, but it seems that when on the home page, most of the time not all of the Image Gallery thumbs will load. Sometimes only one or two pics will show up. Just thought I'd let you know that. I'm using Firefox btw.

Exact same with IE7. Also no biggie.

Rugar
08-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Ive had many of the same problems as others have had since the update, but I'm not having any problems with the Gallery Photos loading using IE6.

admin
08-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Yup..I see this bug and will investigate it over the weekend. very odd it isn't pulling all images.