PDA

View Full Version : new radio control XPV extreme performance

speedemon
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Check this out - www.jakkspacific.com/xpv (http://www.jakkspacific.com/xpv). It's a new radio control from JAKKS, a toy company in Mallibu, CA. The performance is pretty sick -check out the speed and height of this thing!

ZXLNT
08-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I just bought one, but haven't had a chance to get a battery pack or charger for it. Of course Walmart carries the plane but not the battery or charger...

SkunkWorks
08-23-2006, 12:38 AM
I saw these at TRU a few days ago....$60 ( or was it $70 ) for the XPV then another $30 for the batt and charger...uhhhh $100 for that? I dunno, Theres plenty of nice ARF planes out there in that price range.

Earle
11-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I know no one had been on this thread for a couple of months but I thought I would get it up to date for the Christmas season. I have FINALLY got enough time in on the XVP that I can fly it. It is not a beginners plane. It is very fast and VERY unstable in turns. If you don't know how it do quick bumps for truning you WILL crash it bad. BUT if you learn to fly it it is really something. It looks great and does very quick rolls ( but again you had better have it up high beacusre it drops a bunch as it rolls). I actuially like it better then the Storm Launcher and since I don't ever want to go on water I don't miss that feature. There are several parts that are not as solidly designed as I wish and since no replacement parts are available you can loose the whole thing if you break a prop or wheel. I crashed pretty hard several times learning how to turn the thing and had to reglue and tape the prop guards. The antenna went through the prop and got cut off but I was fortunate enough to have replacement wire that would work. I have not broken a prop or wheel but it concerns me. I have taped up the nose, sponsons and tail parts to stand up to hits on things that might cut or break them. SO- I fele it has been worth my money and if I break it beyond repair, since I now have the battery and charger, I'd get another.

ZXLNT
11-26-2006, 06:16 AM
Welcome!. I finally killed my 1st XPV a month or so again. Too many hard full throttle unskilled crashes. Lol.. I ended up nosing it in hard and finally broke the plastic battery cover and the plastic around it. I really flew the heck out of almost every day for a month straight. Pretty tuff plane actually. I'm on my 2nd one now and its still fun to fly. I took the motors and radio off the broken on and put them on a 4 foot foam chuck glider and fly it now.. It works ok, but really needs bigger props with less prop speed.

rogue hippo
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Just Killed mine too! It was a blast to do though and well worth the cost. I contacted the manufacturer to see if I could buy just the vehicle since my control is still good but they only sell them as a pair. Anyway, I jumped on here specifically to see if anyone has had any success in building another flying machine with the parts from a broken XPV. I see ZXLNT has made an attemp, anyone else get something to work?

snoop
02-12-2007, 04:08 AM
My local Walmart had the xpv's on clearance for $19.00 so I bought the last 3 :). They had the charger/battery for $7.00 but the shelf was empty :(. I went to another Walmart 20 minutes away and they were still selling for $50 there.