PDA

View Full Version : Programming T9Z -WC2 with electric glider

CLINT
08-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Hi

Newbie in this forum, newbie with my newMultiplex electric Glider.
I have a 3 years experiency with helicopters ECO8 and TREX.

Please, can someone tell me how to programming my T9Z FUTABA for my new electric glider : what to choose in model ? plane or glider?
because I haven't seen in the manual where to connect motor power on receiver if I choose ''glider'' in model typ.

Thank you very much for helping me

Clint

Jason T
08-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Clint,

Welcome to WattFlyer!

There several people here with the Multiplex Glider. Hopefully they can help programming your radio.

Jason

Sky Sharkster
08-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi Clint, Welcome to Wattflyer! I don't have a Futaba radio but on most electrics the ESC line goes into the "Throttle" port of the RX.
One "glider" function (again, don't know if this applies directly to your radio but is a general "Glider" function) or mix allows the elevator trim to be mixed with the throttle; That is, throttle "off" is netural trim on the elevator, as the throttle is advanced the elevator can be trimmed slightly "down". The reason for this is that powered gliders have a tendency to pitch up under power, the increased airspeed forces the nose higher than normal and it takes an application of "down" to control the angle.
Also the glider mode usually has a mix for "Aileron" and "Spoiler" that may be called "Spoileron" control; This allows dual-servo aileron functions (plugged into two separate ports) to operate either as normal ailerons (one goes up while the other goes down) and in tandem (both up) while still retaining aileron control. You won't need this for a rudder/elevator/throttle model but it's handy for the future.
Last, if the radio has several "Timer" functions, there usually is one for Gliders that allows you to switch from "Total time" (starts with the first throttle advance and is continuous) to "motor run" time (only runs while the throttle is "on"). In other words, the timers tell you total airborne time (power and glide) and also how long you've used the motor, which is handy for determining battery time remaining.
Good Luck!
Ron

CLINT
08-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Well
thank you very much Jason and Sky Sharkster.
now I undestand better difference mode between glider and acro.

Thanks a lot and have good flight..

Clint

PS : but if someone has a T9ZHP and an electric glider, I would be happy to have your feeling..