PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey EP sailplane problem

BradFish1
08-09-2006, 04:07 PM
For my second sailplane I bought a used E-flite Odyssey EP sailplane and I can't get it to fly. As soon as I launch it at full power it dives right to the ground no matter how much up elevator I give it. It's stock except for the 2-cell li-po battery I'm using. Any ideas I'm really frustrated with this one.

Jason T
08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
BradFish1,

Welcome to WattFlyer!

I am not familiar with this sailplane. Can you post more details such as wingspan, wing area, power system including battery, motor, prop, gearbox. Also, what is the all up weight (AUW) of the model ready to fly?

parkerflydelux
08-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey bradfish1
i'm so green at this crashing stuff i may be of little help but you may look at this link , what cought my eye was the "toss under no power " see if glide is ok and then "power on slow" this maybe why i have crashed / nosed in a few gliders in such a short time the e - flight ascent now fits into a small lunch bag !!!

http://www.rccaraction.com/ma/reviews/odyssey.asp

parkerflydelux
08-10-2006, 11:32 PM
hey Bradfish
i just had a thought , per chance did you check the main wings are "true" my "Ascent" had a pull to the right and i had to tweak the main wing and heat gun the deflection out of the right wing.

jimmy

VOLUNTEER
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
check and see where the motor is aimed. It should be down and to the right a few degrees. If you nosed in a few times without checking for damage it may really be off. COG can get worse after a few crashes too. Like the guy said, throw it with the power off and see what happens.

intruderdave
08-12-2006, 01:24 AM
You might want to also find a gentle slope, as opposed to flat terrain, and toss downhill. That way, you have a little more time to recover from problems before the ground reaches up to grab you.

rwmson
08-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Verify that the rear of the elevator moves up when you command up elevator. If it moves down instead, then you need to reverse your elevator servo (usually done by programming your radio transmitter).

BillM
08-26-2006, 06:33 AM
BradFish1
When you say "dives" does it actually dive in a violent fashion or simply sink to the ground?
The motor may have seen better days. Can motors are not known for long life. Two Li-Po's may not be enough. If I recall this is a fairly heavy plane.
Check your thrust lines. They may be slightly off. If I recall this plane has a fuselage made from a plastic material that is difficult to glue so everthing is held with screws. Check them all. The previous owner may have moved something.

BM
'