PDA

View Full Version : AP from 12,500 feet

Steve Nolan (eBird)
08-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Got a chance to fly from Loveland Pass over the weekend.
A nice calm day was too much to pass up. It's usually quite windy up there...

firemanbill
08-11-2006, 01:40 AM
wow! what awesome scenery! I would love to be able to fly somewhere like that... Where I live the land is flatter than my workbench...:(

Grasshopper
08-11-2006, 03:36 AM
Great pics Steve! I envy you guys with scenery like that. I mentioned before that I'm really torn whether to drive 15 miles over to Kansas and photograph 300 square miles of wheat fields or go north a little ways and take pictures of the strip mines and chat piles. You're lucky you don't have to make these tough decisions.

Tom

Rugar
08-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Got a chance to fly from Loveland Pass over the weekend.
A nice calm day was too much to pass up. It's usually quite windy up there...
Very nice Steve. Thanks for posting them for us!

Great pics Steve! I envy you guys with scenery like that. I mentioned before that I'm really torn whether to drive 15 miles over to Kansas and photograph 300 square miles of wheat fields or go north a little ways and take pictures of the strip mines and chat piles. You're lucky you don't have to make these tough decisions.

Tom

Tom,
The only decision you have to make is where your going to do AP first. You know as well as the rest of us, that once you get that new Pie in the sky, that you will end up doing AP in both places.......several times. ;)

Grasshopper
08-11-2006, 04:13 AM
Very nice Steve. Thanks for posting them for us!

Tom,
The only decision you have to make is where your going to do AP first. You know as well as the rest of us, that once you get that new Pie in the sky, that you will end up doing AP in both places.......several times. ;)

You're right Rugar. We actually have a number of very nice lakes within 60 miles of me that I've already been thinking about.