08-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I did miss it, but not but by much...

frvrngn
08-14-2006, 08:31 PM
link not working :(

rahtware
08-14-2006, 08:47 PM
How's this?

Ever since the WF change I've had a little trouble downloading Pictures...

frvrngn
08-14-2006, 08:59 PM
:)

Big Tree! Glad you missed it!

Crash Test Dummy
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow!! You did cut it close!! Nice job.

CTD

rahtware
08-14-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm playing around with the thrust angle on my motor, and got it all wrong! It is hard enough to pick my way through the trees to my hilltop LZ...
But much worse when every time I added throttle the plane zoomed!

Oh, see the guy standing in the street in front of the green house? That's me and that tiny field in front of me (bordered by bushes, trees, BIG rock, houses and roads) is my LZ... The two bushes on the right hand side of that little field are biggger then they look and... I didn't miss them!
Pic captured off the video just before impact.

Plane OK, pilot shook up.

Kosh
08-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Big hearken plane killing trees are just a given around here so that was pretty close. :eek:
Haven't landed in one yet by accident but I have used smaller trees to land in when theres really no place to set it down. Pick a soft small tree and just stall into it.:rolleyes:
Pay backs ya know. :D

Crash Test Dummy
08-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Kosh,

Pay back, hummm. I knida like that idea. Like how the birds bless your car after a $15.00 car wash, LOL!!

CTD

HoggZilla
08-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Larry, you gotta remember to lean with the throttle. But be carefull not to TILT the TX.

I hear you are building the next generation, true?

I finished building my first "from scratch" plane over the weekend and gave her a test flight. I started it several weeks ago and then stopped to catch up on AP stuff. I will post a funny video of the flight soon. I give credit to you, Kosh and AviatorDave in the video.

My next plane is going to use chain saws for the wings and molded weed eater string for the prop, no tree or bush will ever hurt my precious again.

rahtware
08-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Thanks HZ I haven't been feeling all that good the last couple of days and a good laugh was just what I needed.

Crash Test Dummy
08-15-2006, 05:37 AM
HoggZilla,

Try some of these stabs on your Chainsaw tree's worst mightmare plane, LOL!!

Post #332 in this thread. For some reason I can't get the pix to attach.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233&page=14

BTW, credit go's to Larry for the nice elevons he made for this Stryker, thanks again Larry!

CTD

HoggZilla
08-15-2006, 06:19 AM
Try some of these stabs on your Chainsaw tree's worst mightmare plane, LOL!!

Thats it, the missing piece. Now it will be a 4D tree killer. After this I will just need something to mow the yard for me .. Oh yeah, that's what I got married for - my wife does it. LOL

Larry, get to feeling better. Maybe I will have my maiden flight video ready for tomorrow. My friend created a documentary of the flight and is currently editing. I give you credit for inspiring me to build it. You will laugh.