PDA

View Full Version : Another Dream Find thread

Don Sims
08-21-2006, 12:53 AM
For the past several years I've been looking for an Allante that I could afford. I found one down in Alabama a couple of weeks ago and bought it off of e-bay. It has 81,000 miles and a two owner car which was owned by an aircraft mechanic last. I'll be owner number three. Overall the car is in great shape with most of the common Allente issues fixed. The only major thing that needs to be addressed is someone painted the hood, I took it in for a painting estimate and the guy told me to just buff it out instead of spending money on a paint job.

Now I can take a few more planes to the field with me instead of strapping them to the Valkyrie. The trunk is big enough to hold planes and it's a hoot to drive!

aircruiser
08-21-2006, 01:20 AM
Now I can take a few more planes to the field with me instead of strapping them to the Valkyrie. The trunk is big enough to hold planes and it's a hoot to drive!

You took your planes on your motorcycle? :eek:

Nice find! It's always awesome to find dream cars. I just wish i could find a nice old Challenger.

Good Luck!
-Grant

Don Sims
08-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Yes Grant my avatar is a photo taking at the Boeing fly in at St. Louis. I had three planes in the tub.

ForestCam
08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
That was built just across town at the old Craft Centre, which also made the Riatta and the SSR but is now closed. :(

firemanbill
08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Where are they all going Forest? They are closing the F-150 plant here in Norfolk now as well...

nevermind... don't answer that...:(

Nice find Don!

ForestCam
08-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Actually they built a new plant just west of town called Delta Assembly but the majority of the old original Olds plants are being torn down along with Fisher Body.

firemanbill
08-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I think they said something on the news here about the truck plant moving to Mexico somewhere...

ForestCam
08-21-2006, 07:22 PM
GM trucks have been made north of the border wayyyyy before NAFTA was ever thought of.

vax6335
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Allante's are NICE. Only thing better than a Red Allante is a black one. :p Kind of a lost classic, like my dad's Buick Reatta that I used to drive. I sure would like to have one of those again, but nice ones are getting harder to find.

Grasshopper
08-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Nice find Don! That thing looks really straight.

For the past several years I've been looking for an Allante that I could afford. I found one down in Alabama a couple of weeks ago and bought it off of e-bay. It has 81,000 miles and a two owner car which was owned by an aircraft mechanic last. I'll be owner number three. Overall the car is in great shape with most of the common Allente issues fixed. The only major thing that needs to be addressed is someone painted the hood, I took it in for a painting estimate and the guy told me to just buff it out instead of spending money on a paint job.

TeslaWinger
09-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Once you get all your planes and gear on the bike- theres no room for the dog! Now you've done it!

Just who was it who said a toothbrush is a coating application tool? I've seen his work! :D

Keep it 'tween the ditches.