PDA

View Full Version : Full Scale Aerial Photography

vax6335
08-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Nice article about Aerial Photography for a business from a Cessna. They're not worried about people's privacy, as they don't ask permission. Interesting......
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/realestate/20nati.html

Kosh
08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
There really is no right to privacy from above, If you live even close to a city your on camera daily. Its a fact of life that most places you can think of has some kind of video surveillance. Airports, Schools, Supermarkets, Sporting events, Freeways and most intersections have cameras. The average person shows up on these over 40 times a day and doesn't have a clue about it. Getting caught on photo radar running a light is becoming common as more cities adopt it so smile next time your out in public.

loker
08-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I feel vindicated. I've heard a lot about privacy, and from what I know of constitutional law regarding searches, this is exactly what I thought. if something isn't hidden, it's open for public view. someone can even stand in the street in front of your house and take pictures of you having sex in your bedroom, if you don't close the curtains, it's your fault, that's the law. if you're growing marijuana in your house, and the plants can be seen from the street, or air, it's all the police need(probable cause) to bust down your door and take you in. this only becomes illegal if one trespasses by actually stepping onto private property, or in the case of aerial photography, flying in restricted airspace.

Kosh
08-22-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm not so sure private property is really private unless its posted with "No Trespassing" signs legally? I guess it can vary alot depending on where you live and what country your in at the time.
My policy is take the plane up and "Shoot first, Ask questions later". :D

loker
08-22-2006, 06:24 PM
I should have been more specific, I was referring to law enforcement. they can only bust down your door if they can see you doing something illegal from off your property. if they enter your property and then see you doing something illegal, they might arrest you, but anything they find will be suppressed in court because of the 4th amendment, which I was applying to our topic.