PDA

View Full Version : Low wing type Fast Electrics

Epowerreg
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Just wondering if a low wing or Mustang shape Hotliner HD 46 airofil
55" wing were available in the local hobby shops would ne one buy them? ... kinda like this one shown. Id like to have one in addition to my regular one. Would you guys buy these types?

Elfwreck
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey now,
While I'm not much for Mustangs (just too comon) I do like a fast responsive model.
I like the "Turn Left" "Sun Racer" and a few others with the low-wing high speed thing going. As I'm getting older I can't see the little s-400 pylon racers so well anymore, so bigger is the way to go, at least till my thumbs get slow:p

I have an old Sig Ninja sloper that I flipped the fuse upside down and mounted twin motors on the wing. Low winged, very fast, and plenty big enough to see. Looks a bit like the "Sport Twin".

I've done simular conversions with pss models, adding motors to very fast glider designs that look like fighters. Do it up, I'm sure they'll be welcomed.
RobII

Sky Sharkster
09-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello Epowerreg, have you seen this?
http://www.espritmodel.com/ Go to "Sailplanes", Then "Pylon Racers". It's called the Denon (not Demon, that's a different model). $125.00. Saw one of these fly a couple of weeks ago with a Mega 3 turn and this plane is a ROCKET!!! Fully aerobatic, too, with the throttle turned down.
Just another option,
Ron

Joe Ford
09-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Here's one that a few guys have flown on 6s lipo setups w/mega 22/30 series motors. Around 120-150mph depending on the setup you use. I'm personally going to be trying a 10s-12s lipo setup. http://wildharerc.com/Products/Racer/racer.htm

Here's a pic of mine. http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/attachments/1/9/5/1/0/a742701-155-IMG_0008.JPG

Lip84
10-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello Epowerreg, have you seen this?
http://www.espritmodel.com/ Go to "Sailplanes", Then "Pylon Racers". It's called the Denon (not Demon, that's a different model). $125.00. Saw one of these fly a couple of weeks ago with a Mega 3 turn and this plane is a ROCKET!!! Fully aerobatic, too, with the throttle turned down.
Just another option,
Ron

Hey sharkster,
Do you know how the Denon handles? I watched teh video but its hard to tell if its more of an advanced plane or if it would be good for someone who is just starting out in the High performance/super fast arena.

I really like the look and how it flies, i just wonder if an early intermediate pilot would be able to fly it and keep it in one piece or not.

Sky Sharkster
10-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Hello Lip84, Welcome to Wattflyer! As far as the handling of the Denon, I asked the pilot the very same thing; He said it was fairly easy to fly, at the speeds he was doing aerobatics. Which to me, seemed pretty fast! That was, according to him, 1/2 throttle. Strong vertical, snap rolls, huge, smooth loops, extended inverted. Every once in a while he would advance the throttle and tear across the flying field, you could hear the motor pick up and the model would "jump" forward. I forgot to ask him if he had (and used) dual rates for the "Full Bore" runs but just by observing his piloting it didn't appear so. He never got "behind" the model or had any erratic flying, very smooth throughout.
This pilot is what I would call "Advanced", he's fond of ducted fans and quick models. I've never seen him fly a true Pylon Racer (which are even faster than the Denon) or Hotliner but that doesn't mean he can't!
My opinion is a reasonably competent pilot can fly this model. It seems to be designed as a "between" model, not a true Racer but a very fast aerobatic model. It is somewhat bigger in size than "400" sized Racers and has a built-up construction. Virtually all the true Racers are smaller and mostly composite.
As a last note, the model soars very well, he shut off the motor more than once and did maneuvers while gliding.
I think this is a good compromise between "slow" aerobatic models and full-out Racers, hope to see more of this type!
Ron

Lip84
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks Sharkster! I think thats exactly what I was looking for. I might just go get this for my next plane. It just looks like way too much fun.

Lip84