PDA

View Full Version : new theme

loker
08-26-2006, 05:22 AM
I have an idea for the next contest. how about landmarks? there's lots of cool manmade structures that we could take great pictures of, (besides stadiums, since I already did that). what do you all think? (I'm posting this because I'm assuming that there is no theme set yet for the next contest).

aviatordave
08-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Thats a good idea, I hope it works for a contest.

Dave

Kosh
08-26-2006, 09:11 AM
I had planned to stay out of this thread and let "YOU" say whats needed here. I just cant see letting the winner chose a topic that may be right next to them. There input for next contest is more than welcome and may even be used. Please just keep in mind with the goals of getting more involved by keeping it simple and local for all to use. We have seen in the past that polls are slow and not very effective for this use.
I'm thinking we make a AP contest judge that could that has a major say over topics and contests? He or she would be a non moderator and voted on every 6 months to keep it fresh. My plan is to make this as easy as possible but still make it challenging enough. I was told I have free rein to make stuff happen here so lets try some new stuff and see how it goes. Its up to us to make the rules for future contests here. While its no problem for me to just say "THIS" is the contest thats not what I want or what the site needs. More input is welcome on these ideas :)

aviatordave
08-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Sorry - I guess I was looking inside the box instead of outside. Its a good idea to have a 3rd party pick the topic, good suggestion. I figured that was what happened for the last contest (winner picks) and was going to follow. Agree - more input needed

Dave

Kosh
08-27-2006, 05:44 AM
Its only a idea so far and means little at this point without support for it.

EUT
08-29-2006, 12:58 AM
Perhaps one of the "losers"?