PDA

View Full Version : Adaggio my new glider

cebola
08-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Adaggio my own design concept

The basic concept of the Adaggio is to be a simple and easy model to construct.

A central panel of long wing of 48"and tips that can be connected using dihedral or aileron.

A double a Komodo engine, modified, turning a 9X45 aeronaut prop.

Adaggio does not use spoilers or flaps, on the contrary, uses reversion in the ESC.

It goes up very well and in a strong thermal , with engine in reverse it goes down fast and without bigger complications

Technicall data

Wing span 85"
Wing chord chord 11"
Wing chord at tips 7"
Complete Weight with batteries 16/18oz
Airfoil S4083
Length 50"

I hope you like it.

Adaggio has a fantastic glide ratio, and it's a very easy to fly model.
In fact behaves like a Nordic A2 free flight model.

Cebola
Brazil

TeslaWinger
09-02-2006, 04:33 AM
Nice design, Cebola! Very light for a plane of this size! No wonder it flies like a Nordic!

The use of REVERSE thrust is interesting! I have been wanting to avoid adding spoilers which can add drag even closed. None of my ESCs have reverse but I have experimented with reduced power - and overflying the prop- for glideslope control- but reverse would sure slam on the brakes!

One thing I noticed was the adverse yaw it adds when turning while powered back and overflying the thrust since so much drag is forward!

Straight approaches are simple- but I cut power for low turns to avoid yaw control problems with the prop in drag mode!

One of my first serious gliders was a Nordic type tow glider- and this glider is just as beautiful!

Good work!

TW

cebola
09-02-2006, 05:36 AM
One of my first serious gliders was a Nordic type tow glider- and this glider is just as beautiful!

Good work!

TW

TeslaWinger

I practice free flight from many years, in fact I love the Nordic A2, Adaggio is a copy of one of those wonderfull models, but bigger.

Reverse ESC works nicely, but on a straight fly, I dont try to make turns on reverse mode.
Mainly because I never need it, the sink ratio in enough to get rid of strong thermals.

Regard's

Cebola
Brazil

cebola
09-15-2006, 03:47 AM
Just in case...

This is Adaggio overall lay out

Cebola
Brazil

tillmas
09-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Beautiful model, and it is really great to see people thinking about innovative ways to do things. I wonder if a folding, reversible pitch prop is all that far off...

One question: what made you choose the S4083 airfoil?

cebola
09-15-2006, 11:54 PM
Hello Tillmas

The reverse ESC is a very old thing, only makes the engine works on a reverse mode, the old RC cars use for many years.

On Adaggio works like a big bkake, but no disturbing the wing structure because of gaps, warps, and weekness.

It works very well, and cause a disc on prop whit front trust.

The S4083, is a real glider airfoil, glides well, whit a very good glide ratio, and low sink ratio.

But I believe that airfoil for gliders is a very personal thing, and seelig airfoils works well.

Cebola
Brazil