PDA

View Full Version : falling fast, from HIGH!!!

loker
08-28-2006, 06:10 AM
technically, this is AP, since the guy who took the picture of me was in the air, and taking a picture!! (THIS IS SOOOOO FUN!!!)

Kosh
08-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Thats such a great shot, Next time mount your AP camera on your chest and try some video for us. :D

loker
08-29-2006, 06:22 PM
actually I do have a video, accept it's in dvd format. I tried uploading un my cd-rom, but it wouldn't read. do you happen to know if it's possible to change the format, or if I could use a different kind of computer to upload, such as my brother's, who watches dvds on his laptop? do you think I could upload from that? (I can't actually use his, he's 250 miles away), but if you think it's possible, I could definitely find one somewhere here around campus.

JediFlyer
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
It kind of depends how THEY put it on the DVD...if they burned a DVD using some DVD software making vob files, etc...you will need to rip the DVD to MPEG format...they might have just put the MPEG straight on the DVD though wich would make things easier...if you go to campus and put the DVD in and you see a bunch of files with .vob extensions or numbered...you will need to rip the DVD..if its just .mpg...copy it over and upload it.

Your CRAZY btw...12 years in the United States Air Force and I see...NO REASON to jump out of an aircraft unless its CRASHIN :eek::D

Rugar
08-29-2006, 10:30 PM
technically, this is AP, since the guy who took the picture of me was in the air, and taking a picture!! (THIS IS SOOOOO FUN!!!)
Ive always wanted to do that!

loker
08-30-2006, 11:58 PM
my canon camera's movie mode puts out avi data type, and it seems wattflyer doesn't accept this, anyone have an idea what I can do about this?

Rugar
08-31-2006, 02:28 AM
my canon camera's movie mode puts out avi data type, and it seems wattflyer doesn't accept this, anyone have an idea what I can do about this?

Lots of us upload to this site and put a link to it.
http://www.putfile.com/

Gage308
09-02-2006, 03:54 PM
I Remember watching the news about 6 months ago and it was a report on a Mishap during one of those Tandem Parachute jumps. apparently when the jump master Pulled his cord The chute deployed as it should have, But the Harness that Holds the attached person to the front of the Jumpmaster Malfunctioned and Simply Dropped the Person. UGH!...I Just Couldnt imagine how all that went down. I'm too FAT To do that anyway. I Think they would take one look at me and Instantly decide Their Jumper would want to be able to SEE around the person strapped in there...LOL.

TeslaWinger
09-02-2006, 07:33 PM
LOKER!!! There's nuttin' like a tandem to WAKE YOU UP! My one and only 'flapping descent" was in Eloy, AZ, from 13,500 ft! That was the longest most outrageous minute I ever spent! Once the chute was open, tho, it was... "is this all the glide this rag has?" Years of Hang Gliding but one skydive! WHEWWW! It's a Unique HAppnin'! :D

Anytime the wind is blowing up your nose at 120 mph it surely gets yer attention! It's not everyday you get to use your hands for ailerons!

In my work I often have to dub between CD video (MPEG1 usually) and DVD (MPEG 2).

AVI files, like MPEG2 are HUGE and not net friendly! With the formats being totally incompatible there is still a way to do it easily- if you have the equipment.

When the video travels down the Video cable, it is simply video. So use a player to play the Source disc and a recorder of the desired target format to input and record the video and audio into.

Some programs let you trancode from one format to another (MPEG1 CD video to MPEG2 DVD, for instance) by processing.

Don't expect to get much quality from MPEG1 since it is squeezed and strained thru 3 Army blankets and viewed thru 11-teen mosquito nets! Simply changing to a higher format will not boost the quality of MPEG1 since it already cooked down to mush.

Google "MPEG TO AVI" or similar to find some downloadable programs that transcode. It is cheaper than having a separate recorder and works ok. Pay the money to buy it- after trying it out- to get rid of the annoying LOGO they slap all over your video till ya do!

Another option is playing back a DVD (with a separate DVD player) and recording it as an MPEG1 in the computer. Of course you need a video input on the computer and the software to do this!

MPEG1 is the VHS of the Internet! CMOS cameras make awful video to begin with- add MPEG compresion and its ugly as a mud fence- like the difference betwen a photograph and a courtroom sketch!

FLARE!!!
TW

loker
09-05-2006, 02:19 AM
well thanx for your advice, but this way was the cheapest, I just pointed my camera at the TV(free), and changed it to wmv. on my computer. here's the link.
http://media.putfile.com/free-fall-65

zakstang
09-07-2006, 01:41 AM
one of the most fun things i have ever done was jumping out of an airplane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeslaWinger
09-07-2006, 04:33 AM
ZAK- I would have to agree- with one exception.

The first time I launched a hang glider from a 900' ridge (with 3 'wiremen' on the flying wires helping keep it down) till I yelled- CLEAR!

3 steps was all the runway I had but a few seconds after hurling myself over the edge all was flying and responsive and a right turn down the ridge in moderate wind and thermals gave me a miles long first high flight and cross country that I will never forget!

I remember asking myself- "Am I having fun?" as the cross wind spilled thru the trees on the side of the 'cut', trashing the wing all over the place while I stood at the edge waiting for it to straighten out. Once it did, the glider lifted evenly and it was time to go!

Why watch the buzzards when you can fly with them?

I camped on the mountain with my flying club, The Wind Riders, thinking we were hot 'bleep'- till a band of skydivers showed up and took it to a whole new level! Being overly mellow is not one of their vices!

While alive- LIVE!
TW