PDA

View Full Version : Have sore hands!! Do I need a peg??

bazr
08-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi,

thinking light foam hl gliders viz. Swyft,Boomer, Alula or similar.

Since I am anticipating some difficulity with launching, do these models accept a peg mod as logic tells me a peg would help me versus grabbing the wing in hand.

I know there is other means of launching but I am after one of the above models for light conditions and portability and just to try and chuck the thing.

thanks anyone
Barry

Jason T
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Barry,

Pegs would take the pressure off of your hands. With the peg you are not gripping it very tightly and its just held by the index fingertip above the wingtip on the peg and the middle fingertip below.

I am not familiar with the models you mentioned; however, if the wing is reinforced then the peg may work on an HL glider. I have seen some smaller DLG kits that would be very portable and work in light lift condition that are designed for discuss launching. The main one I can think of is the Gambler with a 48" wingspan and a wingloading of about 3.7 oz./ft.2 according to the website.
http://www.wrightbrothersrc.com/our_kits/gambler.htm

bazr
08-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Thanks Jason,
will check it out, however if the build is too fiddley I may need to stick to one easy to build as even most work using dexterity I have trouble with, also the overall weight/size is important.

Seems the peg would be a good idea so I would like to hear from anyone who has made the modification.