View Full Version : "VOTE NOW" AP Contest #4 "Schools"
Welcome to AP Contest #4, Your challenge this month is "Schools". Any and all kinds of schools are open game for this one so let the fun begin.
Contest starts September 1st and closes Oct. 21st at 9pm. Voting will begin the 22nd and run through the 30th. Should there be a tie for first or second place there will be a 5 day runoff poll between the photos involved to find our winner. All entries should be close to 800 x 600 in size for our dial up friends. Special thanks to Tahustvedt for donating the charger again to this contest. :)
First Prize: Quattro lipo charger and Wattflyer decals
Second Prize: Wattflyer decals
* Photo description
* Date photo was taken
* Place photo taken
Open to all Wattflyer members :)
Only 1 entry allowed per contest
Only photos taken during the contest are eligible
Cropping and minor enhancements are allowed
Photos may be changed as often as wanted until deadline
Have fun and Good luck to all !!!
09-04-2006, 08:38 PM
This is an old high School that is going to be torn down next year. Unfortunately since it's 100 miles away from home, I couldn't go back in the evening to get the sun on the front of the building. The building on the left is their old Elementary School.
Elk City Kansas High School (built 1931)
Elk City, Kansas
September 5th, 2006
Nikon Coolpix L3
09-07-2006, 01:28 AM
* Photo description -Century High School
* Date photo was taken - Sept 6th
* Place photo taken - NE Rochester MN
* Aircraft - Slow Stick
* Camera- old Canon s300
not the best lighting and it was kind of hazy.....unmodified photo..thx!
09-13-2006, 04:29 AM
* Photo description: Missouri Western University
* Date photo was taken: 9-12-06
* Place photo taken: Saint Joseph Missouri
* Aircraft: Modified EZ star
* Camera: Aiptek pencam
Description: This is the Whidbey Island Campus of Skagit Valley College. (blue trim) Forground is the City of Oak Harbor Library. Background is the City of Oak Harbor Marina. Date: 09/01/06 Place: Oak Harbor, Washington State Aircraft: "The Shot" Getter Camera: Nikon 7600, Sports Mode
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
* Eaton Elementary School
* Wilmington, NC
* Muliplex Easy Star
* Aiptek 1.3 SD
09-25-2006, 04:12 AM
South Seattle Community College
September 24th 2006
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
* Photo description - This is where my kids go to school, if you look hard enough you will see 4 schools in the campus as well as the bus depot.
* Date photo was taken - 8-Oct-2006
* Place photo taken - Prairie School Campus
* Aircraft - MM Magpie AP (rear facing camera)
* Camera - Pentax Optio s5z w/ Prism switch
10-09-2006, 04:29 AM
* Photo description: The first campus is the Ohio University Lancaster. The one in the middle is Lancaster High School. The one way in the back, past the red track and the busses, is Thomas Ewing Jr. High.
* Date photo was taken: 10/07/06
* Place photo taken: Lancaster Ohio
* Aircraft: Wingo
* Camera: Pentax Optio s
10-11-2006, 04:39 AM
University of New Hampshire
Kingsbury Hall, where I am working on renovation.
Saturday 10/07/06 11:14 am
Olympus 740 @ ISO 400 to force shutter faster.
Trex 450 XL. Servo "y'ed" to gyro channel for shutter.
Airfield: Manhole cover for takeoff and landing.
California State University at Sacramento
Place: Sacramento, California
Plane; Slow Stick
Camera: Nicon 3700
10-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Callingwood Elementary School
Place: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Plane: Aerobird Xtreme
Camera: DGZoom DV5500
Voting closes the 30th at 9PM, Good luck to all !!!
Please no more chitchat here. Thanks :)
vBulletin® v3.8.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.