Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > MustangMan
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Conversation Between MustangMan and Master Shake
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. MustangMan
    09-25-2009 06:54 PM
    MustangMan
    It's been great getting to know Steve. We went to SEFF together. We loaded a tent, cots, canopy, lawn chairs, a cooler, and a few other camping essentials in the back of my pickup and I rented a little Uhaul trailer (only $15 / day) which we loaded with about 20 planes. We're fortunate the Hodges Hobbies, where SEFF is held is only about 3:15 drive away from my house. As near as I can tell SEFF is non-stop flying. There were folks flying every night when I went to sleep and there were folks flying every morning when I woke up. > 500 registered pilots and 1000's of airplanes of size, shape, and description everywhere you turn, and the nicest, friendliest folks anywhere.
  2. Master Shake
    09-25-2009 04:02 AM
    Master Shake
    Man see that is it that is exactly what I want is a friend that is in the hobby as well. You are very fortunate to have that. I will think about doing the WAA-08 I seen it was in TX right now. Well thank you for letting me in on it.
  3. MustangMan
    09-24-2009 06:57 PM
    MustangMan
    It was through this project that I met Stevecooper who frequently posts here on WattFlyer. He lives about 25 miles from me and we get together as often as we can to fly, build, and just hang out. He's a great guy and even came one Saturday to help me do a major plumbing project on my house! We buy some of our stuff from HobbyCity/HobbyKing and consolidate orders whenever possible to save on shipping costs. I love this hobby!
  4. MustangMan
    09-24-2009 06:55 PM
    MustangMan
    It is a very cool project. I was fortunate that the time worked out and I was able to take the SQuiRT to SEFF this year. It was my first visit to SEFF and I had a blast! We displayed the WAA-08 banner and the plane and got to me loads of great people. I got to meet a couple of the folks from AMA headquarters as a direct result of having the plane on display and they shared with me that they were following our progress with great interest.

If you haven't done so already, check out the project progress thread here: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32306
    If you look back around April you should see me with the plane. You should also be able to see the group photo we took at SEFF with many of the WAA-08 pilots who were attending SEFF. If you're interested send a PM to Murocflyer (that's Frank, the main project organizer and pilot scheduler).
  5. Master Shake
    09-24-2009 06:25 PM
    Master Shake
    Wow Mustang Man That is awesome to see that going on. They need people from my state which is cool, maybe I should go talk to or try to talk to the guys a the flying field they might want to do it. Well thanks for the the great site and letting me into this awesome world. Thanks man.
  6. MustangMan
    09-24-2009 03:33 AM
    MustangMan
    Here's the description: Name: WAA-08 Pilot
    Wings Across America pilot who has successfully flown the plane, provided proper documentation, and completed the hand-off to the next pilot.

Here's the official web site: http://www.waa-08.org/

I was pilot #100!
  7. Master Shake
    09-24-2009 01:51 AM
    Master Shake
    Could you tell me more about your award you received. I am interested and thank you for the great welcome.