WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   E-Flite Helicopters (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   New MSR won't maintain steady heading (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60831)

Thewyzardofdogz 03-16-2011 10:08 PM

New MSR won't maintain steady heading

I am a new owner and a notch-up-from-a-novice user. My question: Should the Blade MSR be able to maintain a solid/steady heading/bearing with the stock Tx? Because mine can't. No matter how I trim the rudder there is no happy medium - she either turns very slightly to the left or right. When I first got the MSR she had very bad TBE which I seem to have mostly cured by tightening the main blades and clicking the main gear into its proper place along the shaft. The rate at which the chopper self-rotates is quite diminished since making the adjustments to the rotor assembly.

I know about the throttle and rudder trim pre-initialization settings (lowest throttle, medium rudder) but all that accomplishes is me having to set the throttle and rudder trims back to where they were before I set them to low and medium. It has only been flown indoors and crashed but never badly and nothing is missing, loose, bent, broken or binding and I have installed all new blades. I can't afford to get a better Tx yet so my question again - should the MSR be able to maintain a steady bearing with the stock transmitter (not a perfect hover, just stay pointing in the same direction) or is it just normal for it to rotate very very slightly to the left or right? If this is a normal function of the stock unit, is it possible to get a proper rudder trim with a better Tx or is this just the way the MSR is?

kenchiroalpha 03-16-2011 10:40 PM

Hi
Welcome aboard
Im pleased to meet you
It doesnt make a difference stock TX or BNF TX you should have a good heading hold lock
Heres my MSR with the stock TX
Do enjoy:D
No twitchiness in mine
I always place the heli on a stable flat surface then plug in the battery pack and dont move her until the gyro has a chance to kick in
Hope this is of help
Take care
Yours Hank

Thewyzardofdogz 03-17-2011 12:41 AM

Thanks for the reply Hank. That's a nice vid - mine surely isn't like that. I am beginning to think that it's a problem with the board and probably the gyro. My tail motor just twitches all the time (it sounds very much like a mosquito buzzing around but a lot more fun). I am going to get a hold of the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Rich

kenchiroalpha 03-17-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewyzardofdogz (Post 793383)
Thanks for the reply Hank. That's a nice vid - mine surely isn't like that. I am beginning to think that it's a problem with the board and probably the gyro. My tail motor just twitches all the time (it sounds very much like a mosquito buzzing around but a lot more fun). I am going to get a hold of the manufacturer and see what they have to say.

Rich

Hi Rich
Your most welcome and thanks
I would contact them mine is rock steady no TBE and no twitches
Do enjoy:D
Best of luck getting her in shape:D
Take care
Yours Hank