WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beginners - Helis (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   $49 Horizon Hobby Blade Scout CX Beginner Coaxial 3 Channel (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67107)

phillipmorris 06-14-2012 04:30 PM

$49 Horizon Hobby Blade Scout CX Beginner Coaxial 3 Channel

My FP was damaged during flight on vaca down in Jonesboro Arkansas, found a local Hobby Store and tho didn't have parts for the Newer Heli, found this fun indoor beginner Scout. Sure are other favoreds out there but this one is carried at nearly every local hobby shop as well as the parts. Just 3 channel but very solid flyer, had numerous newer people flying this one with minimal misshaps. These light helis can be quite durable. RTF with everything, lipo, and even batteries for transmitter, which also charges the flight lipo battery, afraid it would tax the transmitter batteries bought spares but found not necessary after dozens of flights. In Jonesboro hobby shop was by the Old Navy, nice to be able to keep flying.

phillipmorris 07-15-2012 06:28 PM

I like this one as well designed complete Ready To Fly, tho 3 channel still a great beginner indoor heli, as coaxial with dual main blades very easy to learn on, an excellent choice as available in most hobby shops.

Another brief clip shows its stability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejw9J...ature=youtu.be

zoltron55 07-16-2012 09:59 PM

I have 1 too ,love it. I fly it in my yard it handles light breeze better than my blade mcx. I use the charger from my mia champ

phillipmorris 07-17-2012 12:23 AM

Fly inside as handles easily, I do have a larger multi battery charger but the supplied transmitter charger also works well with numerous chargers very effective, several dozen charges possible makes it a complete compact unit.

Glad to hear your enjoying it as well.

baron2010 09-03-2012 01:50 PM

Would an old guy like me with dumb thumbs,
arthritis and completely unskilled be able to fly
one of these out of box? Have tried other $40 dollar helis which demolished in less than 5 mins,
no excuses I just have no experience.:rolleyes: and little patience,
and a wife who gets mad when I crash these things!!
baron

zoltron55 09-03-2012 06:24 PM

I don't think you"ll have a problem. just buy some extra upper blades & a flybar.those are the only things I broke learning.

baron2010 09-03-2012 06:59 PM

Thanks Zoltron!! Will try to find a hobby shop
and check this out...not many shop's in our area...
don

zoltron55 09-04-2012 11:19 PM

check horizon hobby & see if they list someone near you or just buy online. extra batteries are a must you will be wanting to fly it a lot

baron2010 09-05-2012 12:47 AM

Yep gonna order wed online, or phone, discovered
today no hobby place within 60miles of me, and
that thru heavy interstate traffic...yes will order
extra batt also...wife sez no to all this but ah well,
what she gonna do?? LOL...
watched several vid's online about this model, and I think even an
old dumb thumb like me may be able to have some fun this winter!!
don

zoltron55 09-05-2012 01:34 AM

don't forget a couple of uppr blade sets & a flybar. the upper blades take a beating when you hit stuff.

baron2010 09-05-2012 01:36 AM

Good idea thanks
don

baron2010 09-06-2012 01:04 PM

Well I did it...called & ordered one of these little heli's...website for Horizon Hobby was very hinky and could not get fully registered, so I called, it was shipped yesterday too so may get it by saturday...we will see if this ole guy can fly this
little baby....thanks to phillipmorris for his post that I saw when I came back into
this site, and thanks to all the vid's posted about this Blade Scout...
don

matiac 09-07-2012 06:20 PM

I grabbed this one at Toys "R" Us for 35 bucks, and after throwing a bit of modeling clay in the nose, she'll fly outdoors as well as in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_SUL-WN-0U&feature=plcp

MWShelton 11-05-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baron2010 (Post 881286)
Would an old guy like me with dumb thumbs,
arthritis and completely unskilled be able to fly
one of these out of box? Have tried other $40 dollar helis which demolished in less than 5 mins,
no excuses I just have no experience.:rolleyes: and little patience,
and a wife who gets mad when I crash these things!!
baron

I have Lupus, arthritus and I cant half see and I learned how to fly with a Scout. Bought replacement blades and never used them. The trick is to kill the power if you get into trouble and 99 times out of 100 you wont tear up anything. That one time out of 100 dont worry, every decent hobby shop has cheap replacement parts. My son and my friends are still flying it, probably has 200 or more flights on it. Best of luck to you.

baron2010 11-05-2012 11:50 AM

Yep I got the little thing and have had a blast with it !! Just get it
out when the urge strikes and no big problems, lost the skids a time
or two, but just snapped them back on and continued having fun...
don
:)

phillipmorris 11-21-2012 07:31 PM

It's an excellent little Heli all complete package.
Good to hear your having fun

Lone Beagle 12-01-2012 03:03 PM

I have one that seemed great but all of a sudden it won't run. The batteries are good (I have tried them in another aircraft) but the LED blinks once when I connect the battery then nothing.

Any suggestions?????

baron2010 12-02-2012 01:42 AM

Check the manual on it, you may need to rebind tx and heli...have
had no probs with mine at all...still having fun...:)

Lone Beagle 12-03-2012 08:16 PM

It was the binding. I thought I was doing it right but apparently not! Thanks

darkfire3814 01-18-2013 04:08 PM

I had one of these. First flight crash and destroyed it. lol

phillipmorris 01-19-2013 07:09 PM

Each model has a behavior to tame of sorts, even these docile ones.

Currently enjoying the micro Quads, minis handle terrific amount of wind with self correcting gyro, loads of fun. Dent sales very low prices, check em out.