WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Here I sit... (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72720)

BroncoSquid 12-04-2013 02:18 AM

Here I sit...

Do I get to fly my planes? Nooooooo......
Do I get to build planes? Nooooooo.....

But I do get to sit here and watch the NAVY launch and recover F-18's for hours on end making me want to build and fly......
(Shaking fist in the air)

Just a little rant. Carry on

FlyWheel 12-04-2013 03:57 AM

Having to watch real F-18's fly all day, man, what a bummer! :p>

xmech2k 12-04-2013 04:09 AM

Awww... Getting paid to watch the ultimate airshow. What a bummer! ;)

Haven't heard from you in a while, Bronc. Sorry about your situation. (Only a little sorry. That's something many of us will never get to see in person.)

BroncoSquid 12-04-2013 05:04 AM

Tom, I was going to try to see you fly the F-4 over Turkey Day but I read you were gone. I will have lots of time during the holidays.

The can't build part isn't really true. I have a Stevens Aeromodel rocketeer with me. It is the biggest model I can work on in my limited space. I have also built a Heath LNB on board.

I do enjoy watching the F-18's. Specifically the full flying stabilators and the way the flaperons work in conjunction with the flaps. Oh, and when both rudders turn in to slow down.

xmech2k 12-04-2013 08:05 PM

Glad to hear the USN hasn't taken away your distraction! I was going to bring the F-4 to the field this Saturday, but rain is in the forecast. I guess you already saw I've only flown it twice so far and that was at Seaworld, which I think was lucky as I'm not sure I could have dealt with the wires yet.

Still looking at my broken Mini Drake every time I go in the garage. :( I will get to it some day. Did you finish yours?

BroncoSquid 12-05-2013 03:50 PM

I haven't finished the drake yet, but it has been very calm in the air and on the water where I fly my UM Gee Bee in the evening. Maybe by Christmas?

thepiper92 12-05-2013 07:23 PM

I wish I was able to see more jets, occasionally I see one or two CF-18's flying over my head (the airport is only 2 miles away from my house), and it sends chills down my spine. Usually I just see the large passenger jets, not a big thrill to me. Yes they can fly at over 500mph, but large bulky planes don't have my interest, unless its a B-29 or something. They still make me wish I was flying though, especially when I am at work on the weekends, the sun sets at 1630, and I get off at 1800. Dang short winter days.

BroncoSquid 12-05-2013 08:54 PM

I am lucky in that respect. I get to see all kinds of aircraft, not just commercial. Over my house I have seen.... F-18, EA-6, E-2, C-2, P-3, C-130, C-17, SH-60, UH-1, CH-53, CH-47, PT-17, AT-6, T-34, LEAR, F-20 or F-5 (cant tell) and I even just about crashed my truck watching an AN-124 landing.

I have seen PT-17, B-17, B-25, P-51, and others when commerative airforce is in town.

Yeah, kind of a brag, I am lucky to live where I do. Oh, and if in doubt, I am approx 5 miles from the runway and Naval Air Station North Island CA.

dahawk 12-06-2013 02:18 PM

hey Bronc,

Think this guy might be having some fun ? http://youtu.be/ab3UYgxCVws

Might even fly as good as an RC pilot ! LOL

Go Navy !

-Hawk

BroncoSquid 12-06-2013 11:38 PM

LOL, One of the things they do here to save band width underway is block Youtube.:rolleyes:

I appreciate it, but I can't watch it untill I get home in a few days.:mad:

FlyWheel 12-08-2013 03:30 AM

Interesting, on the few occasions where you can see it, the shadow almost looks like that of a T-38 talon. Not saying it is, that's just what it looks like.