WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   SEFF 2014 (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   What are you building? (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72916)

Murman 01-03-2014 03:48 AM

What are you building?

I've got a couple of flying wing ideas floating around in my head and hopefully I'll have them completed before SEFF. I've also just started building a SlowBoat for the pond.

What projects do you guys have in the works?

solentlife 01-03-2014 08:51 AM

That's really cool ............. have to say that video was a real joy to watch. You obviously really had a ball doing it.

Interested in more info on the model ... I live on the banks of a river and that sort of antics would really suit ..

Nigel

FlyWheel 01-03-2014 01:58 PM

Getting ready to build my AeroCraft 1913 Eastbourne. I'm planning to bash this kit a bit in order to make it more realistic. Unfortunately it's too small to add ailerons (Not completely impossible, just very impractical) but there will be some other signifigant changes from the plans.

Murman 01-03-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 936082)
That's really cool ............. have to say that video was a real joy to watch. You obviously really had a ball doing it.

Interested in more info on the model ... I live on the banks of a river and that sort of antics would really suit ..

Nigel

I guess I should have clarified, that wasn't me flying, I was up on the hill behind the pond enjoying BBQ and beer while watching the flight.
I got my kit from Hoosier Cutout Service. There are free plans available at the link and also a build thread.

solentlife 01-03-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murman (Post 936114)
I guess I should have clarified, that wasn't me flying, I was up on the hill behind the pond enjoying BBQ and beer while watching the flight.
I got my kit from Hoosier Cutout Service. There are free plans available at the link and also a build thread.

WOW an honest man!! ;) You should have kept quiet ... let us think it was you !!

BBQ and Beer ... well I can excuse you that !! :D

Cheers
Nigel

gramps2161 01-04-2014 12:32 AM

Once I get a couple of rebuilds out of the way a GP Patriot 40 is going on the build table for my winter project be electric of course. Might even be a twin just haven't made up my mind yet. Saw one like this on YouTube looked nice it would be done with out the rocket assist though.http://youtu.be/k3uOT-X6uRI
Murman I thought that link looked familiar Hoosier Cutout Service I have it booked marked all ready.

Murman 01-04-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 936115)
WOW an honest man!! ;) You should have kept quiet ... let us think it was you !!

BBQ and Beer ... well I can excuse you that !! :D

Cheers
Nigel

LOL! That video was taken at Triple Tree Aerodrome during eWeek last year. The place is amazing! You should save up and make the trip sometime. It's an experience you'll never forget.

weathervane 01-06-2014 11:18 AM

I'm hoping to get a Mud Duck repowered and ready to go. If I have time, I might build a set of floats for it. I need to put the finishing touches on my Swift2. I also just did a repower of a small Traxxas boat.
With less than 90 days to go. That's all I am working on.
-Andrew

Abuelo 01-06-2014 04:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
In addition to the Pou du Ciel I'm building for the contest, I've started a rebuild job on an SE-5a that was just given to me. Been crashed a few times and had some hangar rash from storage.

Photos show how it came and what I found after removing the mylar covering from the fuselage and tail. The fuse is essentially OK with just touchups needed, but I decided to build a new stab and rudder. What looks like paint smears on the fuse are just that, I tested the color from the covering with dope and they are compatible. The cabana and landing gear are metal and bent up. The wings are, so far, untouched.

Came with an AXI 2212/20 motor, Castle Creations ESC that may not work (might just need to resolder the receiver wires to the board), a Spektrum AR6100e which bound to my TX, and five HS-55 servos (two in the fuse, two in the lower wing and one in the partial). I've been promised a new-in-package top wing, if he can find it.

crash_out 01-06-2014 09:35 PM

I don't have any big projects for SEFF, but I'm still working on a combat plane design, and considering a sailplane for the LMR competition. I really don't need any more projects right now, at least nothing that isn't BnF or PnP. At this point I don't even know what, if any planes I'm bringing to SEFF. I had actually considered taking the bike and purchasing a couple airframes at the event, but since Mac's is closed now and no idea if any vendors would be set up early enough, I don't know.

Not directly relating to SEFF, I'm finishing up my electric converted 27% Extra 260 and a Hexacopter. I have at least 2 airframes that need maidens-an EF1 Shoestring and E-powered Hangar 9 Twist. On the back burner I have a gasoline powered Great Planes 50cc Reactor, re-painting a PZ Mustang, and building an E-flite P-51B Mustang.

RCTV 02-25-2014 07:00 PM

Amazing, can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

kenchiroalpha 02-25-2014 09:54 PM

Hi
An idea for an indoor flyer
Currently in the concept and development stage
Should be a fun build and a great model to fly if I can iron out the details
Take care
Yours Hank

CHELLIE 02-25-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha (Post 940910)
Hi
Take care
Yours Hank

Hi Hank :ws: Where have you been hiding at ???? Good to see you posting again, Take care Chellie

kenchiroalpha 02-25-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHELLIE (Post 940912)
Hi Hank :ws: Where have you been hiding at ???? Good to see you posting again, Take care Chellie

Hi Chellie
Great to be back
I missed you all more then you can imagine
Been out riding my latest motorbikes a lot lately and that took up a lot of my time
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...&postcount=498
Time to get back to building and flying
Take care dearest friend
Yours Hank

CHELLIE 02-25-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha (Post 940910)
Hi
Take care
Yours Hank

Hi Hank :ws: Me Thinks that you will need to make the power system like a Chinook Tandem Heli with counter rotating blades at the front and rear, with all the other blades just being free wheeling, and build the Fuselage very very lite with stick and tissue. Just my 2 cents worth, Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE 02-25-2014 10:31 PM

Cool, I like the 3 wheel bike :$

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7297/...8290a801_c.jpg

tobydogs 02-25-2014 10:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
HELLO HANK!!! good to hear from you my friend. been awhile. that airship looks like a big project:eek:.

build for this winter is the sig smith mini.:$ lovin it!! i finished last years project 1st and wonder if the smith will be still under construction over the summer waiting to be completed in 2015....lol:Q.

kenchiroalpha 02-26-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHELLIE (Post 940915)
Hi Hank :ws: Me Thinks that you will need to make the power system like a Chinook Tandem Heli with counter rotating blades at the front and rear, with all the other blades just being free wheeling, and build the Fuselage very very lite with stick and tissue. Just my 2 cents worth, Take care, Chellie

Hi Chellie
Actually ive been toying around with the idea of modifying one of these
http://rc-zeppelin.com/index.html
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

kenchiroalpha 02-26-2014 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobydogs (Post 940917)
HELLO HANK!!! good to hear from you my friend. been awhile. that airship looks like a big project:eek:.

build for this winter is the sig smith mini.:$ lovin it!! i finished last years project 1st and wonder if the smith will be still under construction over the summer waiting to be completed in 2015....lol:Q.

Hi
Thanks
Glad to be back
Take care my friend
Yours Hank