WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   AMA Expo, this weekend in Ontario Ca (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72942)

Nitro Blast 01-07-2014 11:59 PM

AMA Expo, this weekend in Ontario Ca

Come on over to the GoProfessional Cases booth, (the official presenter of EXPO) and hit me up for a beefy Lanyard and say HI!!!

hillbille 01-08-2014 12:25 AM

Save me one until Saturday! LOL!! Can't make it Friday - court - so we're coming Saturday. Got a couple things I'd really like to get your advise/opinion on so... glad to see you're going to be there and be glad to see ya!! LOL!!

I'll be the older fat guy in a maroon shirt and dark blue shorts.

Hillbille

Nitro Blast 01-08-2014 01:55 AM

Hillbillie,

You got it my friend!

I'll be there with a bunch of neat toys to share, and 'splain why our cases are the best!

fhhuber 01-08-2014 02:16 AM

Something about a 2000 mile commute...

hayofstacks 01-08-2014 03:10 AM

hmm... if only I had gas money this weekend....

hillbille 01-08-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayofstacks (Post 936530)
hmm... if only I had gas money this weekend....

LOL!! Well just to date myself... I grew up in the Texas panhandle - Amarillo and I can remember when gasoline sold for $.07 (That's right - SEVEN CENTS a gallon!) at the FULL SERVICE stations. I had a full dress Harley and could overflow the 5 gallon tank for under $.50!!

Cruisin' in them days was where it was at!

Problem was I had no idea THEN that them was the good ol' days!

Hillbille

pizzano 01-12-2014 01:26 AM

Well, made it over there at Saturday opening (kind of a zoo that early).......looked for NitroBlast, he was flying at that time, around 10:15am.....saw him, but he was pretty busy....thanks for the free lanyard.......very nice!

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...EXPO2014II.jpg

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...MAEXPO2014.jpg

Went over to Horizon's booth, was gonna purchase a $69.00 Blade Nano QX.....they sold out on Friday.....guess I'll get it on line....lol

All & all it was a lot of fun.....just a little packed, seems the traffic aisles could have been a little wider.......Thought the free flight area and exhibit was pretty cool too!

Larry3215 01-12-2014 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhuber (Post 936526)
Something about a 2000 mile commute...

Its only 1154 miles for me :D

Maybe next year they will have it in Seattle :)

Nitro Blast 01-12-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzano (Post 936839)
Well, made it over there at Saturday opening (kind of a zoo that early).......looked for NitroBlast, he was flying at that time, around 10:15am.....saw him, but he was pretty busy....thanks for the free lanyard.......very nice!
!

If you are rolling through tomorrow be sure to hit me up! I was pretty busy with the AMA Meeting on SUAV's and 2 flying sessions!

Sorry I missed ya bro!

hayofstacks 01-12-2014 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbille (Post 936535)
LOL!! Well just to date myself... I grew up in the Texas panhandle - Amarillo and I can remember when gasoline sold for $.07 (That's right - SEVEN CENTS a gallon!) at the FULL SERVICE stations. I had a full dress Harley and could overflow the 5 gallon tank for under $.50!!

Cruisin' in them days was where it was at!

Problem was I had no idea THEN that them was the good ol' days!

Hillbille

lol.

when I started driving gas was $1.20 and has only gotten that low once since

since march of last year I've worked in 5 states and put about 50k miles on my car. I enjoy driving though.

hillbille 01-12-2014 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast (Post 936846)
If you are rolling through tomorrow be sure to hit me up! I was pretty busy with the AMA Meeting on SUAV's and 2 flying sessions!

Sorry I missed ya bro!

Me too!! LOL!!

Hillbille

pizzano 01-12-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast (Post 936846)

Sorry I missed ya bro!

It's all good......stayed long enough to watch a couple of heli guys fly after 11:00am....who was that crazy guy running around with the shoulder camera....he was getting pretty close to some of the action....lol

Won't be there today (Sunday).....plan on flying with a couple of buddies around 9:30am.

jeholliday 01-14-2014 05:17 PM

Did anyone see the electric powered trainers for control line. Larry Rengar has been promoting them for some time. He used to work for Cox at one time if I remember right.

CHELLIE 01-15-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeholliday (Post 937056)
Did anyone see the electric powered trainers for control line. Larry Rengar has been promoting them for some time. He used to work for Cox at one time if I remember right.

Wish i could have seen that ;) I am building a E powered CL Buster, I just live Up the Hill from Ontario, but my left leg and knee is still bruised up from my son pushing a small kitchen hutch on top of it, He Says it was a Accident, But I am not so sure about that :D it still hurts and I am still limping when I walk, we were painting the kitchen and had to move the kitchen Hutch, I am giving my oldest SON away, anyone want him :D :D :D he is about 36 years old, Take care, Chellie

pizzano 01-15-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeholliday (Post 937056)

There were a couple of booths that had control line craft and related items, didn't stop to look over and didn't catch the names...they both appeared to "mom & pop" type establishments. There may have been more, but at the time I was there the aisles were pretty crowded.

jeholliday 01-15-2014 04:10 PM

Chellie, still gorgeous as ever. Now about that young man, don't give up yet. I know I have not been on here much as I got busy in the shop and there is one site I check every day. Don't get to the Barton site much either. What with the treatments to the knees and the therapy sessions I am doing a lot better. Just have to remember to keep the exercises going now. Hope to get the one electric twiddly stick plane in the air. It been two Christmas' since I got it. Later, DOC Holliday