WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Micro Sized Electric Helicopters (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WLToys V911-1 - what a gem! (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72954)

solentlife 01-09-2014 07:26 PM

WLToys V911-1 - what a gem!
 
I only bought this after seeing friends wife fly one at the field in a little wind. I was amazed at the ability of the little machine.

Open box, check it over, charge up 2 of the 7 batts I have for it.

Plugged in, bound and then fly. Brilliant.

Only niggle - the very short sticks on the Tx. Couple of short lengths of bamboo added and taped secure had that sorted.

Excellent.

Nigel

CHELLIE 01-09-2014 07:33 PM

neet little heli.


pmullen503 01-10-2014 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 936650)
I only bought this after seeing friends wife fly one at the field in a little wind. I was amazed at the ability of the little machine.

Open box, check it over, charge up 2 of the 7 batts I have for it.

Plugged in, bound and then fly. Brilliant.

Only niggle - the very short sticks on the Tx. Couple of short lengths of bamboo added and taped secure had that sorted.

Excellent.

Nigel

The V911 can be controlled with a TX using the Flysky protocol/module like the 9x.......

solentlife 01-10-2014 07:19 AM

Yes I know ... I as going to change one of my 9x back to FlySky for this .. but the replacement 9xr crapped out.

With the stick extensions - makes it much better ... in fact I may just leave it as is.

Nigel

pmullen503 01-10-2014 11:53 PM

I mounted the stock 9x antenna on the Flysky module to make it removable when I did my Spektrum mod.

The V911 is the only reason I still have a Flysky module.

solentlife 01-11-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmullen503 (Post 936740)
I mounted the stock 9x antenna on the Flysky module to make it removable when I did my Spektrum mod.

The V911 is the only reason I still have a Flysky module.

My 9x has the antenna on the module anyway. I never bought the full Turnigy with wired antenna. I have factory original and Turnigy bare-bones Tx's.

Nigel

solentlife 01-12-2014 04:57 PM

Here's the real full flight maiden after adding the stick extensions to the Tx ...


Nigel

rcbuildernoob 01-15-2014 03:10 PM

heard good things about this heli got the syma f3 on sale for $15 they are supposedly almost exact same from what ive heard.

solentlife 01-22-2014 12:26 PM

Having a little trouble now with batterys ... they lose contact easily ... one in fact needs 'twisting' to work ....

Nigel

JetPlaneFlyer 01-22-2014 01:04 PM

If all seven of your batteries are playing up then it's more likely to be the wires or the plug attached to the heli and not the batteries themselves.

Seeing you fly your V911 got me to dig out a similar size little FP heli I got from Hobbyking a while back, they can be a lot of fun. My son and I had a game of full contact combat flying in our living room, me with the heli, him with a Hubsan micro quad:eek: Both helis lived to tell the tale, just.

rcbuildernoob 01-31-2014 04:30 PM

Yea i agree with jet took apart one of the syma f3 batteries and soldering doesnt look to great dont know about the wl. Recently had a collision with a book case and both ends of the flybar broke so now waiting to get the money to order the spare part for it along with 2 parts for a double horse 9074. But must say it took a beating before it gave.

solentlife 01-31-2014 05:55 PM

The socket on the Helicopter is not too good ... one pin does move. But the worst are the battery plug ends ...

My parallel charge block connects to all batterys ... but one shows near dead.

I need to sort a way to make solid the helicopter socket ... without incurring weight ... CA is not an answer as that will pass through into the socket itself ...

Nigel

rcbuildernoob 02-01-2014 12:07 AM

Hmmm had a cheap 20 dollar 3ch rc heli that did that but used a hotglue gun and problem was fixed might also try super glue near 0 weight depending on how much you use and bonds to almost anything.

solentlife 02-01-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcbuildernoob (Post 938698)
Hmmm had a cheap 20 dollar 3ch rc heli that did that but used a hotglue gun and problem was fixed might also try super glue near 0 weight depending on how much you use and bonds to almost anything.

Superglue is CA ... and I think the CA will creep through the pin 'hole' ...

I have thought of a dab of hot glue or Epoxy.

I can plug in a battery and when pressed - connects ... let go and it disconnects.

Nigel

squidger 09-04-2015 09:54 PM

Looks good. I have just bought the WL Toys V977. Similar size but cp. Youtube vids show them flying really well. Think mine has a problem though. I get it airbourne and trimmed for hover and all is good then during the flight it starts to go right (main rotor cyclic right) I compensate with a little left stick to get back to the hover then it goes right some more. After about 2 mins of flying I end up with half the right stick left movement to keep a stable hover. Unplug the battery and start again and it hovers well at neutral for a few seconds then it starts going right again. Must be giro related but can't fathom it out.

squidger 09-04-2015 10:39 PM

Definitely giro related. This heli has two modes on the tx ref giros. 3g and 6g. In 6g mode the heli returns to hover when you return the right stick to neutral so is more stable. In 3g mode if you return the right stick to neutral the heli carries on moving in the last commanded direction. In 6g mode I have the problem I outlined in the last post but in 3g mode she flies superbly all be it a harder mode to fly in. For the 60 I paid for the heli which included the tx I'm not going to argue, I'll just fly it in 3g mode all the time.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_to_Fly_.html

solentlife 09-04-2015 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidger (Post 980259)
Looks good. I have just bought the WL Toys V977. Similar size but cp. Youtube vids show them flying really well. Think mine has a problem though. I get it airbourne and trimmed for hover and all is good then during the flight it starts to go right (main rotor cyclic right) I compensate with a little left stick to get back to the hover then it goes right some more. After about 2 mins of flying I end up with half the right stick left movement to keep a stable hover. Unplug the battery and start again and it hovers well at neutral for a few seconds then it starts going right again. Must be giro related but can't fathom it out.

Sounds like you are suffering bad initialisation of gyro in 6g more. If 6g is like HHold .... then this can happen if initialization is wrong.
Nigel

squidger 09-04-2015 11:11 PM

Instructions are chinese translated to complete gibberish so I will just fly it in 3g mode. Alot of heli for not alot of money though.

JetPlaneFlyer 09-05-2015 08:27 AM

There is probably a routine to re calibrate the accelerometers that are the 4th 5th and 6th 'g' in a 6g system. .. But how you do it I've no clue.

solentlife 09-05-2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 980282)
There is probably a routine to re calibrate the accelerometers that are the 4th 5th and 6th 'g' in a 6g system. .. But how you do it I've no clue.

With these models the important bit is to actually put battery first to model .... put down steady and still .... switch on Tx. The model then initialises to its position. Unlike most models ... these are usually Rx first then Tx.

Nigel

JetPlaneFlyer 09-05-2015 08:53 AM

But would that explain the slow drift where the heli was ok for the first few minutes them progressively went right more and more? And all the more unlikely why it would do exactly the same thing flight after flight? And why is it ok in 3g mode?

Sounds to me like the controller needs calibrating. This is something that you can do in the 6 axis controllers in quads but I've never used such a controller in a heli.

But there again.. you might be right, certainly worth a try powering up like you said.

squidger 09-05-2015 11:00 AM

Have calibrated the TX which made no difference.

JetPlaneFlyer 09-05-2015 12:47 PM

The gyros are in the heli, not the Tx.
On the 6 axis multi rotor controllers i've used there is a procedure to calibrate the accelerometers so you don't get this drifting. If you can do it on this heli and/or how you do it i don't know.

Not much help i know.....

solentlife 09-05-2015 01:09 PM

The biggest error made by people is the not leaving the heli on ground still long enough when powering up Tx. Its power up and wait a little bit till another series of beeps ...

You can in fact upset the initialisation by having trims altered ... so best to neutralise trims ... power up ... initialise and then fly.

Calibrating as far as I know is not possible ... but I could be wrong.

My mate flies this heli and he made a point of the powering up sequence. Its' even same with my 911. But of course I don't have 6g.

Nigel

squidger 09-05-2015 07:19 PM

Tried that tonight Nigel. Then flew in 6g mode had no drift to right this time but drifted fwd so bad had full back on stick for hover at one stage. As I said flies beautifully in 3g mode so not worried.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Page generated in 0.11440 seconds with 16 queries