WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   iTrader talk (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Site gripe (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73053)

misplacedtexan 01-25-2014 11:46 PM

Site gripe

I've noticed that this site has pretty much gone lame as of late, especially the classified sections.:{
Just my $0.02

Don Sims 01-26-2014 12:42 AM

We ain't the busiest site but we do have friendly posters. RCG and RCU have fairly good want ad sections.

Is it how the forums are organized or the lack of posts in them?

tobydogs 01-26-2014 02:06 AM

thats an interesting observation ya had there Tex, you joined in 2008 and have 97 posts.:cool: ......................:Q.go figure. .02 cents for every post ='s $1.94 worth of contributing.

stevecooper 01-26-2014 02:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wattflyer's the best on the web, no BS just good RC post'in, FaceBook this ain't,,,
bubsteve

misplacedtexan 01-26-2014 03:53 PM

Definately not a facebook guy in the least. Back when I first joined it seemed more "active".
Just wanted to see if anyone was paying attention, and so far 3 are! I'm not the kind of guy that spends hours on a site "posting", got better things to do. Like when I go shopping, know what I'm going for, get it and get out! Unless of course I'm in a hobby shop or gun show!:D

firemanbill 01-26-2014 03:57 PM

So everyone else should post and sell and such and you should just come here and enjoy it? Sounds fair to me.

I am guilty of not posting much lately either. Life gets in the way sometimes and the interwebs get shuffled to the back of the line for me.

Wattflyer is and will remain one fo the best forums out there for sure!

gramps2361 01-26-2014 04:08 PM

I can agree that it would be nice to see more activity in the for sale area. Here's the thing I don't miss the drama that can go along with it. I see it on a couple of other forums I belong to, and it must be a MOD nightmare to deal with.

Bill nice to see you back life does throw us a curve ball once in a while.

firemanbill 01-26-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps2161 (Post 938145)
I can agree that it would be nice to see more activity in the for sale area. Here's the thing I don't miss the drama that can go along with it. I see it on a couple of other forums I belong to, and it must be a MOD nightmare to deal with.

Bill nice to see you back life does throw us a curve ball once in a while.

Thanks Gramps, yeah hospital visits SUCK!

And I agree on the drama of other sites... no fun at all

solentlife 01-26-2014 05:02 PM

Sometimes I wish more would post ... but then again - as previously said - WF stays better on topic and better posts. It is also one of the best mannered, friendly sites ..... not like one I can think of !

Nigel

giflyrc 01-26-2014 05:13 PM

For Sale

I don't remember my last post here with most of my activity being at RCG.
I do look here first though.
My take on fewer for sale items is that shipping costs got out of control.

As a seller I have to almost give my stuff away if I include shipping.

As a buyer expected to pay plus shipping I can do almost as well buying new at my LHS. OK, I know the shipping is bundled in and I have to pay sales tax, but am comfortable in knowing I have local support.

Don't get me wrong, I do buy and sell on line and in the forums if the deal is attractive enough!

Roger aka GIFLYRC

firemanbill 01-26-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giflyrc (Post 938151)
I don't remember my last post here with most of my activity being at RCG.
I do look here first though.
My take on fewer for sale items is that shipping costs got out of control.

As a seller I have to almost give my stuff away if I include shipping.

As a buyer expected to pay plus shipping I can do almost as well buying new at my LHS. OK, I know the shipping is bundled in and I have to pay sales tax, but am comfortable in knowing I have local support.

Don't get me wrong, I do buy and sell on line and in the forums if the deal is attractive enough!

Roger aka GIFLYRC

That is true. I just sold a glow engine (I know,... yuck, that's why I sold it) and it was over 8 bucks just to ship to Florida from VA. Crazy

dahawk 01-26-2014 06:49 PM

As a real placed Texan, WF is simply the best site out there. The friendliest most helpful people with a real sense of camaraderie. Okay, RCG for extended techno , sometimes nauseating & exhaustive diatribe and classifieds but WF is home for me.

That's my $56.84 worth.

Hawk

gramps2361 01-26-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahawk (Post 938158)
As a real placed Texan, WF is simply the best site out there. The friendliest most helpful people with a real sense of camaraderie. Okay, RCG for extended techno , sometimes nauseating & exhaustive diatribe and classifieds but WF is home for me.

That's my $56.84 worth.

Hawk

With that 56.84 is that including shipping and PayPal fees?;):Q

kyleservicetech 01-26-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firemanbill (Post 938155)
That is true. I just sold a glow engine (I know,... yuck, that's why I sold it) and it was over 8 bucks just to ship to Florida from VA. Crazy

Yeah, I just received a replacement canopy for a model I got for free!

Shipping price for a pretty good sized box as quoted by UPS was about $14.

The other shipping option was United States Postal Service at $6.95.

firemanbill 01-27-2014 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech (Post 938171)
Yeah, I just received a replacement canopy for a model I got for free!

Shipping price for a pretty good sized box as quoted by UPS was about $14.

The other shipping option was United States Postal Service at $6.95.

Yeah I shipped that motor USPS at the cheapest rate.

tr4252 01-27-2014 10:31 PM

One thing I like about this forum is its size. Large enough to have enough dialog, but not so big that threads are 20 pages long all the time and too much to read. TalkBass and CNC.com are examples of big forums, where 10 responses can come in between the time you read the thread and write a post.

Tom

p.s. Wattflyer is not lame.

CHELLIE 01-27-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr4252 (Post 938243)
One thing I like about this forum is its size. Large enough to have enough dialog, but not so big that threads are 20 pages long all the time and too much to read. TalkBass and CNC.com are examples of big forums, where 10 responses can come in between the time you read the thread and write a post.

Tom

p.s. Wattflyer is not lame.

+1 :D Wattflyers is not to Big and not to Small, Its Just Right :$ and some of the nicest Folks around are here, and Wattflyer members even put up with me ;-) :Q :D :ws: LOL, Amazing :roll:

tr4252 01-28-2014 12:47 AM

We don't put up with you, you're a Star here.

Tom

tarheal63 01-28-2014 01:24 AM

Site gripe

I cruise rcg for most of my multicopter info, but when I first started in the hobby, planes only, I found this forum to be chock full of friendly, extremely knowledgable people. If I want to buy something, I usually go to rcg as they have pretty extensive listing, but I always come back here for pertinent concise information on most subjects concerning rc, and some really good jokes, thanks gramps :). Hopefully my opinion is worth more than 2 cents.
Anxiously awaiting flying season in TN. New house has a private airstrip next door, 2000 ft grass runway. Our local field was closed due to Waste Management expanding this operations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk