WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   question: optima 6 channel ,4servos &rx batt issue. (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73055)

tobydogs 01-26-2014 02:42 AM

question: optima 6 channel ,4servos &rx batt issue.

hey gang,i have a optima 6 channel rx in the rv-4 and am using 2 servos on the ailerons,1 for rudder,1 for elevator and an rx 6volt battery with an opto esc.

heres what i'v spent the last hr researching and still haven't got the answer yet.

channel 1 is the right aileron,ch 2 elevator,ch3 esc opto,ch 4 rudder,ch 6 is the left aileron. so my question is if it's ok to plug the rx 6volt battery into the empty channel 5 spot?:confused:.

channel 6 is marked as battery/aileron and i don't see where i program my eclipes 7 2.4 tx to switch channel positions so the left aileron would be in channels 5's position and the battery would be where it's marked on channel 6.

will the rx battery be ok in the 5th channel spot? with it plugged in there everything is working but i want to be sure it's not a problem. worst case,i buy another optima 7 channel.

i'm not using the spc spot as i need to power the servos and the rx via the nimh 6 v battery.

http://www.servocity.com/assets/images/Optima_6_Rx.jpg

hayofstacks 01-26-2014 03:58 AM

I have ran a bec on an open channel before rather then the bind/battery slot and haven't had any problem, but this was on spectrum.

Rodneh 01-26-2014 12:55 PM

Yes, okay, the power and ground pins are common on all the receiver connectors on most receivers. This lets you plug the power source into any unused channel.

A.T. 02-01-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobydogs (Post 938112)
hey gang,i have a optima 6 channel rx in the rv-4 and am using 2 servos on the ailerons,1 for rudder,1 for elevator and an rx 6volt battery with an opto esc.
heres what i'v spent the last hr researching and still haven't got the answer yet.
channel 1 is the right aileron,ch 2 elevator,ch3 esc opto,ch 4 rudder,ch 6 is the left aileron. so my question is if it's ok to plug the rx 6volt battery into the empty channel 5 spot?
channel 6 is marked as battery/aileron and i don't see where i program my eclipes 7 2.4 tx to switch channel positions so the left aileron would be in channels 5's position and the battery would be where it's marked on channel 6.
will the rx battery be ok in the 5th channel spot? with it plugged in there everything is working but i want to be sure it's not a problem. worst case,i buy another optima 7 channel.
i'm not using the spc spot as i need to power the servos and the rx via the nimh 6 v battery.

It does not matter which channel you have the power plugged into,
in fact you can power each servo separately via a "Y" lead, please refer to:

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.

These links will also assist:
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 - caution re NiMH & Alert re LiFE.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #2 - caution re NiMH.

With much more assistance under the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

fhhuber 02-01-2014 10:28 PM

Yep... you can plug power in any channel or Y it with any servo.
Works for all RXs.

Except on the special high power input RXs by Spektrum... those you have to use the heavy gauge power leads or the RX won't work.
There may be other high power buss RXs that also require the power to come in through a specific port.

tobydogs 02-02-2014 01:12 PM

thanks gang for all the answers to put my mind at ease with the rv4-40's hookup. I've had bad issues in the past with this build,warped wings,bad cheap equipment,brown out..ect..ect,and couldn't let it defeat my having a successful build and flying bird.

thats why i installed good equipment and questioned its wiring. now i can relax while waiting for snow to melt. also not buy anymore rx's.

i had search for answerers and you all verified and supplied them,so thank buttons hit for all. thanks again,stu