WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Hi-Performance and Sailplanes (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   UMX Radian! (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73088)

rcers 01-29-2014 10:43 PM

UMX Radian!
 
3 Attachment(s)
O yea!!!

A must have for sure.... Very nice....

Key Features


  • Lightweight, molded-foam construction
  • AS3X® System provides outstanding stability and smoother flight
  • 3-channel control for easy-flying and friendly soaring characteristics
  • Contoured spinner with folding propeller (installed)
  • One-piece, removable wing with carbon fiber support
  • E-flite® 8.5mm x 23mm coreless brushed/geared (installed)
  • Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® 5-Ch UM AS3X Receiver/Servos/ESC unit (installed)
  • E-flite 1S 3.7V 150mAh 25C Li-Po battery (included)
  • E-flite USB Li-Po charger, 300mA (included)
  • Included 1S Li-Po battery provides long flight times on a single charge
  • Ideal for outdoors and larger indoor flying sites

Yakfishingfool 01-29-2014 11:38 PM

want....

fhhuber 01-30-2014 01:19 AM

Want without the AS3X...

DavidR8 01-30-2014 06:59 AM

Well that looks like fun, wonder if it will have the same characteristics as it's big brother... Easy to scale down the plane but air doesn't scale down ;-)

xmech2k 01-30-2014 05:28 PM

Yes that will be interesting to see. Our club has a monthly lmr contest and Radians are dominant. It would be hilarious if the UM version could out perform them!

xmech2k 01-30-2014 05:33 PM

Oh yeah. Interesting that the Radian is a ParkZone product, and the UM version is from E-flite.

Ultra Micro Radian BNF

waytooslow 01-30-2014 05:41 PM

Okay now this has potential! I see mod heaven!

GBLynden 05-02-2014 06:59 PM

How many of you guys have this so far?

I know I like mine even though I don't think it needs the AS3X:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


I took it on some fun flights in the warm air last night and it just hung there in the sky even better than in these videos! I rarely get to fly during the day when thermals are most likely, but I was impressed with it last night.

xmech2k 05-03-2014 12:30 AM

A buddy was listening to a Flite Test podcast, and I guess in it they say you can use the computer connector on the umx Radian rx to turn off the AS3X. I'm gonna look into it.

GBLynden 05-05-2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmech2k (Post 947134)
A buddy was listening to a Flite Test podcast, and I guess in it they say you can use the computer connector on the umx Radian rx to turn off the AS3X. I'm gonna look into it.

I need to look into that too! I could get way more flight time with it without it and I honestly don't think it really needs it anyway. I prefer my planes that don't have it most of the time to those that do.

GBLynden 05-16-2014 07:30 AM

This video below centers around me nearly losing my new Ultra Micro Radian RC plane last night on a bright and sunny evening. While it was missing from my sight for what seemed like forever, in that helpless span of time I decided I needed to ensure this wasn't going to happen again with my next plane since this one was likely gone forever.

Thankfully, I was able to regain sight with it after spinning circles for a bit. What you will find in this video are a few ideas I applied literally to the surfaces of this RC Plane.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


PV: I know some of you have tons more experience doing this than me, so if this is child's play compared to what you do, please feel free to share your expertise :)

GBLynden 05-26-2014 11:32 PM

This is the highest I have taken my UMX Radian on video (I am guessing at least 500 plus feet) and I decided to keep the video shown below pretty raw. It includes some pretty funny parts that show the interaction between my camera woman and myself....but mostly her lol:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Rockin Robbins 05-30-2014 07:48 PM

Heck! I expected it might fly a bit like a brick but this is the real deal! Definitely a great flying plane. Any results on the visibility improvements?

wa6mdi 07-12-2014 07:03 PM

UMX radian
 
Hi Gang, new to the R/C world and this blog site. Have a bunch of time flying professionally, but just got past the small R/C choppers and the Night Vapor. Now feel ready to move up into something such as the Radian.

As I see it there are three models? Radian, Radian Pro and Radian UMX? Anyone have indoor experience with the UMX? We have an indoor site here in the DFW area of North Texas and I was interested in seeing if someone on here has flown it indoors and I guess the main question for me is would you buy the UMX again? BNF version?

Thanks
Dick

GBLynden 07-14-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 949375)
Heck! I expected it might fly a bit like a brick but this is the real deal! Definitely a great flying plane. Any results on the visibility improvements?

Sorry I didn't see this comment until now. The answer is yes, but I think I may need to go with a thin layer of reflective tape if I am going to be able to really fly up high since the improvements didn't make quite the impact I expected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa6mdi (Post 952901)
Hi Gang, new to the R/C world and this blog site. Have a bunch of time flying professionally, but just got past the small R/C choppers and the Night Vapor. Now feel ready to move up into something such as the Radian.

As I see it there are three models? Radian, Radian Pro and Radian UMX? Anyone have indoor experience with the UMX? We have an indoor site here in the DFW area of North Texas and I was interested in seeing if someone on here has flown it indoors and I guess the main question for me is would you buy the UMX again? BNF version?

Thanks
Dick

This should be just as easy to handle as the Night Vapor. The only different is if you are using the toy controller to fly it, you will need to upgrade to something with more range. This thing glides really well and thermals suck it up pretty quickly. As such, it could be out of range before you know it with the toy controller ;)

wa6mdi 07-14-2014 03:04 AM

Thanks GB, I guess I'm going about this in the right way. Started out with the small choppers and picked up a simulator and have been practicing on that, then the Night Vapor. Along with that was the DX 6i. That should work. So yeah, guess the Radian, UMX is next on the list.

Thanks for the response.


Dick

GBLynden 07-20-2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa6mdi (Post 953004)
Thanks GB, I guess I'm going about this in the right way. Started out with the small choppers and picked up a simulator and have been practicing on that, then the Night Vapor. Along with that was the DX 6i. That should work. So yeah, guess the Radian, UMX is next on the list.

Thanks for the response.


Dick

You are welcome Dick!

wa6mdi 08-17-2014 08:25 PM

Picked up a Radian UMX and question
 
Hi Gang, Finally was able to get time and get over to the shop and pick up a Radian UMX. Great flying plane. First foamey for me.

Question..... Naturally the first time out I ran into a tree. Now I get about 1/4 inch flex forward and back at the wing tip. The nylon receptacle where the two screws mate from the fuselage to the wing are tight. I put some glue on the nylon receptacle and waiting for it to dry. Just trying to remember, will the wing tip flexing forward and back horizontally effect the flying capability?

I'm thinking that it might induce a little adverse yaw?

Anybody have any ideas?

GBLynden 09-22-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa6mdi (Post 955396)
Hi Gang, Finally was able to get time and get over to the shop and pick up a Radian UMX. Great flying plane. First foamey for me.

Question..... Naturally the first time out I ran into a tree. Now I get about 1/4 inch flex forward and back at the wing tip. The nylon receptacle where the two screws mate from the fuselage to the wing are tight. I put some glue on the nylon receptacle and waiting for it to dry. Just trying to remember, will the wing tip flexing forward and back horizontally effect the flying capability?

I'm thinking that it might induce a little adverse yaw?

Anybody have any ideas?

I just use tape on either side along with the screws to keep the wing from moving. So far the results have been great and even after crashing it onto my neighbor's roof!

Here is the first video I recorded after that crash:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

fishycomics 02-09-2015 12:52 AM

Welcome me to the table with my UMX. here are some vids I done as well. See below.

I find this to be a very relaxing craft and hope to get some better days flying. My next venture is to get a KC 808 or Mobius on, have to review t\ GB clips again.

Enjoy being here and hope to hear more from you all

FISH

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

GBLynden 02-09-2015 08:36 PM

Good video! Thank you for sharing :)

fishycomics 02-09-2015 10:41 PM

Thanks, appreciate that.

Stuck in the hanger. would have had to De-Ice the Radian, lol..As I sit here GB I may have to give you credit in my next clip. And maybe this will be my way of setting up. can not share the idea. yet. will have to wait and see. Cliff hanger.

Just Kidding. will need to build it and try it before I can decide if it works for me 99% it will. I will spoil it key chain camera mod. My way Lol

thanks FISH.

Need to look for the pieces

fishycomics 02-11-2015 09:16 PM

Was a perfect time to get that flight, and I did, very happy and pleased. No need to worry bout weight the keychaim did its job. Just might need to swap the lens and cmos out.

Enjoy the video

fishycomics 02-12-2015 09:27 PM

My Purchase of my radian the stickers had bubbles. so I asked HH.. they offered a full refund, send the plane in. All I asked was for stickers, replaced? I went one step ahead and requested, for the C-Ray stickers to.

Just got both in one giant box WOW! You go Horizon Hobby. radian stickers are perfect, C-Ray has a bubble, no problem at all,

http://i58.tinypic.com/2uzza4o.jpg

Am pleased with the CS. Not sure if I am going to pull off the tops yet. I will decide to stick them on the underside?

fishycomics 02-12-2015 09:32 PM

Magnet wing Mod

If it is of importance to you to mod your wing to slide off this is how it is done.If you take your time, decide how to go about it. You'll find the plastic piece on the fuse slides out. not one person on a forum I read said that. All they said was they did it while the fuse was together.

Enjoy Caution do this at your own risk!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:53 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Page generated in 0.07568 seconds with 13 queries