WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foamies (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Compact ArtiZan PZ Sport (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73093)

waytooslow 01-30-2014 03:13 PM

New Compact ArtiZan PZ Sport

Nice New plane from PZ compact ArtiZan

rcers 02-03-2014 06:56 PM

Looks like a great sport plane to me.... A great balance between the PZ T-28 and the Vision Aire. :) Nice....

Mike

Fishbonez 03-15-2014 06:05 PM

Anyone??

I'm looking into this plane pretty close. I am interested in tinkering with 3D and I have seen the Visionaire and it was impressive but for some reason I kinda like the Artizan. Just don't know if this plane will help me to learn some 3D moves or not or do I dare say do you think thisar is a good beginner 3D planes? If you own one love to read your thoughts on it

Chucksolo69 03-20-2014 12:13 AM

All I can say is the PZ Artizan is an incredible plane. If you want to start flying advance aerobatics, this is the plane to get. I like her more every time I fly her.

ChuckD 03-25-2014 10:16 PM

Fishbonez, I'm sure this plane is everything it's advertised to be. Probably not a 3-D trainer though. There are several Tech-One profiles that would serve you better. My favorite is the SU-31, 1000mm. Very affordable, durable and acrobatic. Dial your throws back if it's too quick for you. Or fly it slower and use bursts of throttle to make those large control surfaces work for you. Oh, and they look cool too.
Chuck. :cool:

Chucksolo69 03-29-2014 01:41 AM

After 20 flights I am convinced this is the heir apparent to the T-28 as a low wing aileron trainer. She is impervious to wind and lands the easiest of any tail dragger I have flown. I just got a VisionAire and plan to do a comparison of the two. But it's true, the Artizan is NOT a 3D plane although it can do some nice aerobatics. Flew her today with my FZ Acro-Wot. The Artizan is easier to fly, and just as aerobatic.

simibill 04-08-2014 04:23 PM

I flew my Artizan for the first time today and found it to be very out of trim, especially the elevator. I had to put in all of the available up elevator trim and it still wasn't enough. Is your Artizan using the AR615 Rx?

ChuckD 04-08-2014 04:46 PM

These things are usually pretty close. Did you check for balance? Are all of the components in their correct locations? Hinges installed correctly and glued securely? Motor installed securely. So many things could cause this, wing mounted securely in its saddle. Does the elevator appear to be out of alignment? Does it have the same trim issues flying inverted? How about when power is off and gliding?

Chucksolo69 04-09-2014 03:20 AM

My BNF Artizan is using the AR635 AS3X receiver. As far as the elevator goes, you need to MECHANICALLY trim the elevator out before you fly it; looks can be deceptive because the HStab looks to be angled downward. If it is diving, and you are using a lot of up trim, add it gradually on the ground until she flies straight and level at just over half throttle. It may take a bit of trial and error, but once dialed in, she flies like a dream.

simibill 04-09-2014 02:10 PM

Thanks for the info. I think you're correct the visual of the elevator position is my problem. I've reset the neutral and will try it again.