WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   You know you are VERY old when (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73120)

cyclops2 02-02-2014 01:52 AM

You know you are VERY old when

I am very worried where the Freewing A-10 wing is, and I am not hungry for food.
Took 1/2 hour to find it. Right behind my work chair.

Rich

Don Sims 02-02-2014 01:59 AM

Be glad you found it! ;)

Larry3215 02-02-2014 02:22 AM

You're fine. That kind of thing has been happening to me in my workshop for years and my planes still fly fine.

But as of today I am officially worried.

I was on hold this morning and decided I needed to check the calendar on my phone to double check an appointment time. I spent 5 minutes walking around the house looking for my phone - which I was holding to my ear listening to elevator music :(

Getting old sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyleservicetech 02-02-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry3215 (Post 938856)
You're fine. That kind of thing has been happening to me in my workshop for years and my planes still fly fine.

But as of today I am officially worried.

I was on hold this morning and decided I needed to check the calendar on my phone to double check an appointment time. I spent 5 minutes walking around the house looking for my phone - which I was holding to my ear listening to elevator music :(

Getting old sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah,

We are getting to the age where everything hurts. And what doesn't hurt doesn't work anyhow. :eek:

cyclops2 02-02-2014 02:33 AM

It feels so much better when the peer pressure is equal among us. :)

Rich

CHELLIE 02-02-2014 02:33 AM

Dont feel bad everyone :<: I have spent over 5 mins looking for my reading glasses, only to realise That, I was Already Wearing them :D LOL and I am Constantly forgetting where I put my Keys at :eek: ;-) :oops:

cyclops2 02-02-2014 02:59 AM

I borrow my wifes cell phone to find where I laid mine down.

I will not list what things stop working with age. :)

xmech2k 02-02-2014 03:11 AM

I'm sure you've all heard about the 3 things you lose as you get older. First is your memory. Second is, ummm, well I forgot what the other 2 are!

tobydogs 02-02-2014 03:16 AM

you know your getting old when your building a kit in the workshop....

your trying to find that very important pc of balsa you sculpted by hand and look all over every table 3,4 times only to discover you've run the pc over with the rolling chair your sitting on so many times ya can't use it or recognize it any more.......

and your ancient when you do this with every kit you build:oops:.

cyclops2 02-02-2014 03:34 AM

I love Vaudeville & satire. :)

Larry3215 02-02-2014 05:21 AM

Im starting to feel better about this already - misery loves company :D

dahawk 02-02-2014 03:07 PM

You know you're getting old when you walk in to the Barber shop, get a haircut, walk out, and the same song is playing on the radio .:D:D:D

pizzano 02-02-2014 06:45 PM

It's quite normal for the over "50" to experience a bit of dementia "senior momements" occasionally....our cognitive skills slow down as we age. It increases at different rates as we hit the "60", "70".... golden years.

The positive side is much of what we try to remember stresses us out.....like why we forgot, when we forgot, who we forgot, what we forgot.....stress just adds to the decline.......now I can legitimatley state "I don't" remember at conveiniant occassions.........:D

Serioulsy though, the fact that most of us here experiencing the "golden" ages, keep our cognitive skills healthy by building, flying, conversing, typing, fixing, programing, experimenting....ect, ect.......with our hobby.....sure beats doing crossword puzzles and baking (at least for me).......:Q

I'm actually enjoying the "slow down".....I find myself looking at, appreciating and understanding my environment alot differently then when I was 30, 40, 50...........or was it when I turned 60.....????

cyclops2 02-02-2014 08:15 PM

Hi guys ?

uuhhh ummm duuhhh

" Where am I ? What am I doing here ? " Remember Ross Peros running mate.

Never forget him on that stage. :)

Good times keep on rolling along. :)

Leadchucker 02-03-2014 02:56 AM

Waddaya mean Ike is not president?

tobydogs 02-03-2014 04:29 AM

you know your really old when.........

this is a picture of my first pet...:Q

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45486...46589&pid=15.1

FlyWheel 02-03-2014 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHELLIE (Post 938861)
Dont feel bad everyone :<: I have spent over 5 mins looking for my reading glasses, only to realise That, I was Already Wearing them :D LOL and I am Constantly forgetting where I put my Keys at :eek: ;-) :oops:

I got that beat. I remember my [then] landlady asking me if I had seen her reading glasses, either of them. She told me she had been looking for them for the better part of an hour, and I had to keep from laughing. You guessed it; BOTH of them were up on her forehead!:D

Me? I've always been addlebrained. :rolleyes:

hkeelljr 02-03-2014 12:58 PM

I have a tendency to stick a ink pen over my ear at a call sometimes and having to brorrow one from the driver. Then realize when I stratch my head, that's where I put it.

carpetbagger 02-03-2014 02:18 PM

My degree is Math/Physics so I got a jump start on ditzy-brain as in absent minded prof. I've been known to get lost in a walk-in closet, and the standing joke when friends came over to work on our hobby projects is it took more time to find the tools than to use them.

Getting old ain't for sissies . . .

DHC Beaver 02-03-2014 09:16 PM

I blame it all on the gremlins that live at my place.They keep shifting stuff,so i can't find it.Then i will find it a couple of days later in a totally different place.Darn it,those gremlins are busy:D

kyleservicetech 02-03-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclops2 (Post 938846)
I am very worried where the Freewing A-10 wing is, and I am not hungry for food.
Took 1/2 hour to find it. Right behind my work chair.

Rich

Yeah, getting old is forgetting where you put your car keys. If you forget what the car keys ARE FOR, you've got real problems!

cyclops2 02-03-2014 10:19 PM

Got that covered. :)

Went to 1 car. Now we leave ALL parties TOGETHER.

No bull. We have got to the car alone. Where is the other one. :)

Panther 02-04-2014 04:21 AM

What were we discussing again......??

MadMonkey 02-04-2014 04:40 AM

I was out shooting with a bunch of friends a couple of weeks ago when I noticed two magazines were missing from one of my rifle cases... I started asking around because I knew several people had shot it throughout the day but nobody had them. I was getting a little peeved, put my hands on my hips and realized that both were in the pouches on my belt :rolleyes:

I'm barely 30 :censor:

Azarr 02-05-2014 05:56 PM

You know you are VERY old when

When you go the AMA Museum and you wonder where the "old" stuff is and then realize that at one time or another you probably owned 90% of what's on display. :tc:

Azarr