WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Yea She Flies (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73231)

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 05:22 AM

Yea She Flies

This is my CL E Power Buster Scratch Build, She flies, Yea, I am a Little Rusty at CL Flight as I have not flown CL in over 25 Years, but its Like Riding a Bike, It comes back to you :D Enjoy the Vid, Chellie

http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/atta...5&d=1392541772

Turner 02-22-2014 05:54 AM

Looks good.

xmech2k 02-22-2014 06:10 AM

Cool &congrats!

Forge 02-22-2014 07:59 AM

You go girl. Very cool… that's old school control line, right?

You were dancing nicely across the desert sand to keep tension on the line. :$ Awesome, looked really cool :D

I remember having a Cox plane like that some 40 or so yrs ago…

Forge

thepiper92 02-22-2014 08:14 AM

Actually have a brand new Cox Ju87 in my closet. It's my dad's, he never got around to using it, must be from early 80's, maybe 70's. He told me he had his first control line and smashed it right away. He then bought the Ju87, but just put it away.

xmech2k 02-22-2014 10:30 AM

Chellie, forgive me for not digging through your build thread, but can you describe the throttle function on your plane? Is it an automatic system or do you have control?

olblueyez 02-22-2014 10:49 AM

First time out in 25 years? Wow! :-P

dahawk 02-22-2014 10:57 AM

Yay ! Outstanding and you didn't even drill yourself into the ground. LOL Nicely done Chellie!

JetPlaneFlyer 02-22-2014 11:37 AM

Nice work!

solentlife 02-22-2014 12:40 PM

Way to go Gal !!

You're braver than me ... it's near 45yrs since I last flew C/L ... Kiel Kraft Radian Stunter ... and WenMac Kingcobra

Your vid illustrates well why I changed to RC ... when my brother departed home for own place - I lost my ground crew !! I didn't know about remote release gear etc. in those days !!

Great stuff ....

Nigel

gramps2361 02-22-2014 12:52 PM

Ditto on the great flight brought back lots of good memories of flying CL. I still have a Enya 15 with part of a nose attached from the last plane it flew.

Nigel that was the hardest part as a kid wanting to fly was finding someone to hold the plane for me so I could fly.

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmech2k (Post 940665)
Chellie, forgive me for not digging through your build thread, but can you describe the throttle function on your plane? Is it an automatic system or do you have control?

Hi Mech :ws: It has a timer on it, the Throttle and time on can be adjusted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez (Post 940666)
First time out in 25 years? Wow! :-P

:ws: You never loose it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahawk (Post 940667)
Yay ! Outstanding and you didn't even drill yourself into the ground. LOL Nicely done Chellie!

Thank you for the complement :$

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 940670)
Nice work!

Thank you :$

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 940678)
Way to go Gal !!

You're braver than me ... it's near 45yrs since I last flew C/L ... Kiel Kraft Radian Stunter ... and WenMac Kingcobra

Your vid illustrates well why I changed to RC ... when my brother departed home for own place - I lost my ground crew !! I didn't know about remote release gear etc. in those days !!

Great stuff ....

Nigel

Thank you :$

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps2161 (Post 940679)
Ditto on the great flight brought back lots of good memories of flying CL. I still have a Enya 15 with part of a nose attached from the last plane it flew.

Nigel that was the hardest part as a kid wanting to fly was finding someone to hold the plane for me so I could fly.

Hi Gramps :ws: I had a good friend that always wanted to go flying in JR High, we would ride our Sting Ray Bikes to the school Grounds and fly untill we crashed or ran out of fuel :D which ever came first :eek: Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forge (Post 940659)
You go girl. Very cool… that's old school control line, right?

You were dancing nicely across the desert sand to keep tension on the line. :$ Awesome, looked really cool :D

I remember having a Cox plane like that some 40 or so yrs ago…

Forge

Yes thats old School Control line :ws: way back when, it was called U Control, then Later it was called Control Line flying, I had a 10+ MPH wind to deal with, and when the motor cut out, i was fighting the wind to keep tention on the lines, thats the first thing you learn to do with CL flying, U Got to keep tension on the line :rolleyes: ;-) :D I Started with a Cox PT-19 and a P40 Control line when I was 12 years old, Thank My Father for getting me Started with Control line flying ;) Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 940661)
Actually have a brand new Cox Ju87 in my closet. It's my dad's, he never got around to using it, must be from early 80's, maybe 70's. He told me he had his first control line and smashed it right away. He then bought the Ju87, but just put it away.

Cool That Cox Ju87 I bet is worth some Money to a Collector :D

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner (Post 940656)
Looks good.

Thank You :$

pizzano 02-22-2014 04:24 PM

It's been a whole lot of years since I've seen a C/L flown......forgot how quick they can be....and the high revs they need to maintain.....very nice tethering their girlfriend....were you a little dizzy afterwards.....lol

hkeelljr 02-22-2014 04:30 PM

Way to go Chellie!

stevecooper 02-22-2014 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
you can't sent a nice Lady like Her up in a crate like that!!!!!:D
still have one left from to late 60's, a Cox avenger with a eject for the pilot, o49 spring start,, Those were the day's,,,,,:rolleyes:
bubsteve

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzano (Post 940694)
It's been a whole lot of years since I've seen a C/L flown......forgot how quick they can be....and the high revs they need to maintain.....very nice tethering their girlfriend....were you a little dizzy afterwards.....lol

Hi Pizzano :ws: I did not get Dizzy :D because i was Concentrating on the plane and i only had the Timer set to 2 mins ;) Keeping the line tight was my first thought :rolleyes: Take care and have fun, Chellie

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkeelljr (Post 940695)
Way to go Chellie!

Thank You :$

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevecooper (Post 940696)
you can't sent a nice Lady like Her up in a crate like that!!!!!:D
still have one left from to late 60's, a Cox avenger with a eject for the pilot, o49 spring start,, Those were the day's,,,,,:rolleyes:
bubsteve

Nice to see those Gals Involved with Model Aviation Steve :$ :$ :$ Yes, Those were the Days :D

dgjessing 02-22-2014 09:45 PM

Looks great, Chellie!

It's been over 40 years since I flew control line :rolleyes:. Does anyone add RC throttle control to them? (You've got me thinking :)).

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgjessing (Post 940713)
Looks great, Chellie!

It's been over 40 years since I flew control line :rolleyes:. Does anyone add RC throttle control to them? (You've got me thinking :)).

Yes thats been done, and they even have them tethered to a pole / Spike.