WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   $75.00 Build Contest, Weather Issues (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73232)

CHELLIE 02-22-2014 05:32 AM

$75.00 Build Contest, Weather Issues

Hi Everyone :ws: To All those that are in the 75.00 Build Contest, Let Me know if your having Issues with the Weather and are not able to get a Maiden flight and video Done because of the Weather in your area, I will extend the dead line if Weather is a problem. Please PM me. Chellie

The dead line has been extended 15 Days due to some people Having Weather related issues, Chellie

The $75.00 Build Contest Dead line is 3-15-2014

dahawk 02-22-2014 11:47 AM

Thanks Chellie,

The wind got over 5mph. Does that count ? LOL

solentlife 02-22-2014 12:23 PM

Its all crazy ... you US peeps have our Arctic / Siberian conditions ... UK has Asian Monsoon ... we in Baltic are just looking at rain and crap instead of crisp snow and blue skies -10C which we should have.

Worlds gone crazy.

Nigel

Dragonflyer 02-22-2014 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Model Airplane "build to win" contest deadline was Dec 31, 2013.
I finished my entry in December and had one chance to get an in-flight video. That one chance failed because the camera person didn't know how to operate their high end camera and the flight ended with a cracked propeller. I had no spare prop.
Dec was filled with all kind of bad weather and Jan & Feb have been worse than that. Worst winter on record for this area, below zero temps, single digit temps, high wind and snow, lots of snow, and its still on the ground.
The Model Airplane folk kinda put us northern folk at a disadvantage with a middle of the winter deadline.
Oh Well ! At least I have a neat airplane to fly when the weather breaks.

CHELLIE 02-23-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonflyer (Post 940703)
Model Airplane "build to win" contest deadline was Dec 31, 2013.
I finished my entry in December and had one chance to get an in-flight video. That one chance failed because the camera person didn't know how to operate their high end camera and the flight ended with a cracked propeller. I had no spare prop.
Dec was filled with all kind of bad weather and Jan & Feb have been worse than that. Worst winter on record for this area, below zero temps, single digit temps, high wind and snow, lots of snow, and its still on the ground.
The Model Airplane folk kinda put us northern folk at a disadvantage with a middle of the winter deadline.
Oh Well ! At least I have a neat airplane to fly when the weather breaks.

That has Happened to me too :( Oh Well, Thats why I will extend the deadline if anyone needs some extra time due to Weather issues.

CHELLIE 02-23-2014 05:14 PM

$75.00 build contest Dead Line Extended to 3-15-2014, some people are having Weather related issues and may not be able to meet the deadline, so its been extended for another 15 days, hope that helps. Chellie

dahawk 02-23-2014 08:36 PM

I'm going to try to give mine another go tomorrow. If she crashes again, the weather was terrible ! LOL

CHELLIE 03-13-2014 12:07 PM

Hi Everyone :ws: Just A Reminder That The Dead Line For The $75.00 Build Contest Ends This coming Saturday the 15 th so get your Video and Maiden flight in ASAP, Take care, Chellie

dahawk 03-13-2014 12:25 PM

Yikes ! One more attempt on the X47B 70mm edf. Hopefully later today.

Stevephoon 03-13-2014 04:34 PM

I made the correct decision for once and just flew once last Sunday....

We were dumped on with 8 more inches of snow yesterday and this morining it was -4 F on the way into work. Will this winter ever end? :{

Steve