WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beginners (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   delete Tx airplane name (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73438)

Carmikel 03-27-2014 11:38 AM

delete Tx airplane name

I have a cheap Flysky 9 ch Tx , and can not remove an old model name from the select model menu...there is no reset button on this Tx help someone....:confused:

sidybee 03-27-2014 03:51 PM

remove batteries might work

pizzano 03-27-2014 03:57 PM

Most on-board progammable TX's allow for overwrite (or delete)....by simply dialing up the model choice and re-naming it and re-assigning new control parameters.....that's if one cares to takes the time and prefers not to just assign a new model to an open channel not being used.

Carmikel 03-27-2014 04:43 PM

reassigning model name

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzano (Post 943756)
Most on-board progamable TX's allow for overwrite (or delete)....by simply dialing up the model choice and re-naming it and re-assigning new control parameters.....that's if one cares to takes the time and prefers not to just assign a new model to an open channel not being used.

Have done all the parameter changes , but have problems ...with dual rates programmed in. with???? 1 aileron servo not responding ie. one works the other doesn't

JetPlaneFlyer 03-27-2014 05:28 PM

Normal procedure would be to delete the model from the memory, this would return everything to factory default settings as well as removing the model name.

How you do that on the 9X system I cant say. Unfortunatly decent user manuals are one of the first things that 'gets the chop' when keeping costs down on these budget systems so you are often on your own or need to rely on user support to figure how to operate it.

Hopefully a 9X user will chime in?

JetPlaneFlyer 03-27-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidybee (Post 943754)
remove batteries might work

No it wouldnt.. Model memories are permanently stored. They really would be much use if you wiped them out every time you removed the battery.

solentlife 03-29-2014 07:51 AM

The quickest and easiest way to delete a model on the 9x :

Select the model ...

Go to change model type ... if for example it is an AERO - select and save HELI. Or any other ... this will delete settings on that model and revert it to factory default. Once done -go to select model type again and select the type you require as correct type.
The name itself will remain ... that just needs to be erased / changed using the naming menu ... Save and you're done.

One good way to sort a wrongly programmed model - is to copy from another one to the faulty ... overwriting the faulty mixes etc. You can even copy an 'empty' to a named ...

The 9x is far more flexible than first appears ...

the most common error made by users with the 9x ... the length of press on MENU key to save an item. In the naming menu - LONG press saves a letter ... SHORT press exits without saving.

The 9x does not auto-save on exit ... you MUST save EACH individual setting manually before moving on to next or exiting. This is deliberate to prevent silly unintentional changes. Can be a pain but true.

Nigel

JetPlaneFlyer 03-29-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 943914)
Go to change model type ... if for example it is an AERO - select and save HELI. Or any other ... this will delete settings on that model and revert it to factory default. Once done -go to select model type again and select the type you require as correct type.
The name itself will remain ... that just needs to be erased / changed using the naming menu ... Save and you're done.

Thanks Nigel, I thought you might know how to do it.

But what a pain! I can see why the OP was struggling. Patience isn't my greatest virtue, if I had a 9x I'd be yelling at it.. "Why are you making me do this!"

On Spektrum you simply select the model that you want to delete, go to the 'Model Utilities' menu, select 'delete model', you get a screen saying 'Do you really want to delete this model', you select 'yes' and exit the programming.... Job done. It's all very intuitive and simple, the memory programming is re-set to default and model name is deleted.

I'm sure Spektrum is far from unique, I'd guess most brands have similar functionality rather than having to resort to undocumented and convoluted back-door workarounds.

solentlife 03-29-2014 11:05 AM

I'm sure there is another way - but it's the way I was shown and have used.

It's actually only a few key presses - MENU ... Select type ... Menu ... EXIT

So not really more than you do with the Spekie ... the trouble is the Chinglish manual doesn't explain it.

Nigel