WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   I Love My Toyota 2008 Sienna Van, But (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73452)

CHELLIE 03-29-2014 09:21 AM

I Love My Toyota 2008 Sienna Van, But

I everyone :ws: I love my 2008 toyota van but, Its a magnet :D I park it in a Parking lot, come back, and someone has side swiped the right side of it, not real bad, but bad enough to put creases and dents in the metal, then people swing open their doors and put dents in the sides, some one rear ended me once, not real bad, but bad enough to go the the repair shop, and if thats not all, a Year ago, my right rear tire came apart, it exploded, taking the rear plastic bumper cover and ripping it up, and put some more dings in it, then, last night, I was driving home from disneyland, and it was dark out, I was on the freeway, and the truck to the right of me either lost a recap on his tire or he ran over a recap tire tread that came loose and flung it over towards me, I had about 1/2 of a second to react, i did not see the recap tire Tread untill my head lights lit it up, then it was to late, it cracked my front plastic bumper cover, made a crack in it about 6" long, and ate up the plastic wheel well housing, the tire was rubbing the plastic wheel well, making all kinds of noise, all in all I got lucky that that was all the damage that was done, I pulled into a gas station, checked out the damage, use some thin rope to secure the loose parts with, and drove the van back home.
I spent all day today fiber glassing the Cracked front bumper cover and repairing the plastic Wheel well housing, what a day, I really wanted to go Flying, Its always something thats keeping me away from Flying :eek: ;) Take care and have fun, Chellie

BTW, I think I saved myself about $1200 to $1500 dollars from not having to buy a new plastic wrap around Bumer cover and have it painted to match the van and repairing the plastic wheel well assy. Oh well, I won that round,and no one got hurt :ws: so i feel Lucky

xmech2k 03-29-2014 11:59 AM

Paint it all in gray primer, black out the windows, put a bunch of pro-gun stickers on it, maybe free hand some skull and crossbones on the sides in black rattle can. No one will park near you!

Yep. Seems people are really careless nowadays. Though that stuff happening on the road just seems like bad luck. Our maybe someone's lack of proper maintenance. (Though it can be impossible to foresee a blowout.)

Sorry to hear it. Hope it turns into a lucky streak soon!

tobydogs 03-29-2014 09:39 PM

xmech...thats a priceless suggestion :Q.

i feel you frustration chellie. for years my 2004 pilot was dent free,now little dents appear and i can tell the most recent was a ball hit from my neighbors kids.:$gotta love em.

now I'm no longer a get even guy,but once when in my 20's i was at a supermarket parking lot while eating a slice of pizza in my 3/4 ton GM pu truck. an old fart parked along the passenger side in a big old piece of cr@p tank of a car and slammed my door so hard he dented it. i stopped chewing to look him in the eye expecting an apoligy. he just gave me a mean old stare and walked off. being a truck owner,i decided not to make a big deal of it. ate my pizza slice. then i slid over and open my passenger door and got even. seriouly even:D.

a simple "sorry about that" from the old geezer could have spared me all that wasted energy getting even...:Q.

DHC Beaver 03-30-2014 12:20 AM

What bugs me is the way people leave their shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot.A breeze of wind makes it roll,and you have another dent in your car.They're just too damn lazy to put the cart in the cart bay:mad:.
In some countries,you have to put a coin in a machine to get a cart.It's the equivalent of about $2.When you've finished shopping,you put the cart back in the bay,and you get your coin back.That would teach those lazy so-'n-so's.

gramps2361 03-30-2014 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHC Beaver (Post 943962)
What bugs me is the way people leave their shopping carts in the middle of a parking lot.A breeze of wind makes it roll,and you have another dent in your car.They're just too damn lazy to put the cart in the cart bay:mad:.
In some countries,you have to put a coin in a machine to get a cart.It's the equivalent of about $2.When you've finished shopping,you put the cart back in the bay,and you get your coin back.That would teach those lazy so-'n-so's.

Wow do I like the idea of a deposit for the shopping cart. I have come out of a store a few times to find one up against my truck.
Speaking of being hit my Tundra is like a target. I was hit broad side the woman was texting ran a red light. I came out of the hospital to find my front bumper scraped up. A kid behind me was reaching for his phone hit me in the back bumper no damage too me we where stopped. Funny thing was I had my hitch on the truck I had just dropped my boat off at the house, and didn't take it off. Yup that hitch went into his radiator.:Q He needed a tow truck.
This truck is a target I couldn't prove it but I had yellow paint and a big dent in my rear quarter. I saw a DHL truck pulling away from where I was parked as I came out of work. He left and I didn't notice the damage until I got home.

Lots of people out there just don't have any respect for other peoples vehicles.

CHELLIE 03-30-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmech2k (Post 943919)
Paint it all in gray primer, black out the windows, put a bunch of pro-gun stickers on it, maybe free hand some skull and crossbones on the sides in black rattle can. No one will park near you!

Yep. Seems people are really careless nowadays. Though that stuff happening on the road just seems like bad luck. Our maybe someone's lack of proper maintenance. (Though it can be impossible to foresee a blowout.)

Sorry to hear it. Hope it turns into a lucky streak soon!

Great Idea :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobydogs (Post 943957)
xmech...thats a priceless suggestion :Q.

i feel you frustration chellie. for years my 2004 pilot was dent free,now little dents appear and i can tell the most recent was a ball hit from my neighbors kids.:$gotta love em.

now I'm no longer a get even guy,but once when in my 20's i was at a supermarket parking lot while eating a slice of pizza in my 3/4 ton GM pu truck. an old fart parked along the passenger side in a big old piece of cr@p tank of a car and slammed my door so hard he dented it. i stopped chewing to look him in the eye expecting an apoligy. he just gave me a mean old stare and walked off. being a truck owner,i decided not to make a big deal of it. ate my pizza slice. then i slid over and open my passenger door and got even. seriouly even:D.

a simple "sorry about that" from the old geezer could have spared me all that wasted energy getting even...:Q.

Yep, some people are just plain Mean, glad you got even ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHC Beaver (Post 943962)

Great Idea :ws: token Value out this way would have to be $20.00 + or no one would give a darn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gramps2161 (Post 943964)
Wow do I like the idea of a deposit for the shopping cart. I have come out of a store a few times to find one up against my truck.
Speaking of being hit my Tundra is like a target. I was hit broad side the woman was texting ran a red light. I came out of the hospital to find my front bumper scraped up. A kid behind me was reaching for his phone hit me in the back bumper no damage too me we where stopped. Funny thing was I had my hitch on the truck I had just dropped my boat off at the house, and didn't take it off. Yup that hitch went into his radiator.:Q He needed a tow truck.
This truck is a target I couldn't prove it but I had yellow paint and a big dent in my rear quarter. I saw a DHL truck pulling away from where I was parked as I came out of work. He left and I didn't notice the damage until I got home.

Lots of people out there just don't have any respect for other peoples vehicles.

You got that right, sometimes i wish i had a few sidewinder missiles on my vehicle for drivers on the freeway that cut you off almost causing you to loose control of your vehicle ( Missile Lock On, FIRE :Q )

Mivins 03-30-2014 02:41 AM

Here are some of the worst drivers in the world, all in one massive scary way tooooo long dash cam video compilation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itMdLTd1l4E&feature=em-subs_digest-vrecs

hayofstacks 03-30-2014 07:41 AM

Part of the reason i drive a $500 car. if i total it tomorrow, i still get $350 from the junkyard.

what really scares me.

i watched a tire come off a semi and go through someone's car on a tiny two lane 60mph zone.

sidybee 03-30-2014 04:55 PM

hahaha WELCOME TO Kalifornia home of the morons and careless oh and dont forget
welfare users .(there's more but im not ready to get banned yet)
i had somebody rear end me once at a stop light . i got out ask what the heck man, his responce ,i could not find the brake peddle, so i grabed his head shoved it down to the brake peddle and said ITS RIGHT THERE.