WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Indianapolis West R/C Club installing geotextile runway (Zionsville, IN) (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73462)

Suds 03-30-2014 03:27 PM

Indianapolis West R/C Club installing geotextile runway (Zionsville, IN)

The Indianapolis Westside R/C Club (located northwest of Indy in Zionsville) will be installing a geotextile runway this spring. This should make the field ideal for smaller electric planes. If you are in the area, please check us out at:
indywestrc.org

Suds 04-01-2014 01:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Installing April 12-13.

We are trying to decide on two layouts.

What would be your preference?

Option A - continuous runway to flight stations
Option B - runway with taxi ways to flight stations

Don Sims 04-01-2014 01:37 AM

Option B would be more challenging for the pilots.

Suds 04-08-2014 02:05 PM

Installing this Saturday (April 12) beginning at 10am.
Going with option B.

Stevephoon 04-08-2014 04:24 PM

Can you share some of the details?? We are looking at doing something with our grass field so EDFs can take off easier.

So... What is the geotextile you are using? How much are you using, what is the cost(s)? What type of ground prep did you do....

Basically, I know nothing and I have done no reasearch yet... So if there is a manufacturer you are using with a web site with more info, that would help me.

Steve

Suds 04-08-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevephoon (Post 944874)
Can you share some of the details?? We are looking at doing something with our grass field so EDFs can take off easier.

So... What is the geotextile you are using? How much are you using, what is the cost(s)? What type of ground prep did you do....

Basically, I know nothing and I have done no research yet... So if there is a manufacturer you are using with a web site with more info, that would help me.

Steve

We are using a 315 geotextile. Fortunately our ground is not bad as is, so we are scalping the grass as low as the mower will go, rolling and installing. Looks like this should work from feedback from other clubs. Links to the other clubs using geotex are on our website. indywestrc.org
Sourced the geotex from L & M Supply Company in Charleston, IN - great pricing. Feel free to PM me or contact me via email (I'm the webmaster of the clubs site - see the contact info page)

Suds 04-13-2014 01:14 AM

Main runway installed

1 Attachment(s)
Successfully installed the main runway.

Suds 05-27-2014 02:50 PM

Runway complete - pics

5 Attachment(s)
Field complete with flight stations.

Don Sims 05-28-2014 03:58 AM

You folks have done a super job on the field.