WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General RC E-Heli Talk (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Have your set-up your 450 on 9xr .. (mode 2 / er9x) (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73531)

solentlife 04-09-2014 06:44 PM

Have your set-up your 450 on 9xr .. (mode 2 / er9x)

I'm looking for assistance to program in my 450 heli's (SE V2 clones) to my 9xr radio.

The 9x was straightforward in factory firmware - but I'm lost with er9x ...

The Heli template was useless ... ended up with reversed fwd / back ... no right servo for banking, no throttle / pitch action.

So if anyone has a memory file I can upload for a 450 that includes both normal and Idle-up switchable modes ... that would be great ...... or a post with settings ? Based on er9x and Mode 2 radio

I put this post on the General Heli listing as I think there may be many others like me who want to set-up a 9xr ... putting it down in the radio section would possibly not have such visibility ......

?? Any helpers ?

Nigel

thepiper92 04-09-2014 06:50 PM

Does this manual help? http://rosa-hp.sakura.ne.jp/76925955X208573X47.pdf

solentlife 04-09-2014 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 945001)

This is just a copy of the old original er9x manual with Turnigy front end added ... I have both and to be honest are OK - but errors and lack of depth makes it hard to complete the required.

The Heli template doesn't work. What I need is someone who has succeeded in this set-up.

Nigel

thepiper92 04-09-2014 07:16 PM

Definitely not an easy radio to setup, especially with mine changing the channels on me when I click on the simple plane setup. I used it to just set everything to basic...good thing the prop wasn't connected, it put throttle on channel one, ailerons somewhere else, and so on. It is vastly different from the 9x, and I wasn't expecting it to be that different.

kyleservicetech 04-09-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 945004)
Definitely not an easy radio to setup, especially with mine changing the channels on me when I click on the simple plane setup. I used it to just set everything to basic...good thing the prop wasn't connected, it put throttle on channel one, ailerons somewhere else, and so on. It is vastly different from the 9x, and I wasn't expecting it to be that different.

Off topic, but I'm curious.

How difficult is it to set up the Spektrum DX8 for helicopter aircraft? At least as compared to the 9xr system?

(FYI, helicopters are not my thing. Also, our club rules and bylaws do not allow rotor craft of any type on our flying field.)

JetPlaneFlyer 04-09-2014 07:51 PM

Sorry to say this, and I know I probably keep banging on. Sometimes it is worth paying more for a system with intuitive easy to follow programming and that comes with proper fully detailed and easy to follow manuals written in real English. Plus of course good customer support if you do have problems.

I know mainstream systems might appear expensive in comparison to these 9x systems, but what price do you put on hours on end of frustration and wasted time?

JetPlaneFlyer 04-09-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech (Post 945006)
How difficult is it to set up the Spektrum DX8 for helicopter aircraft? At least as compared to the 9xr system?

For many helis all you do is download the profile from the Horizon site, and install. Personally i prefer to program mine from scratch so i know how everything is set up, but even then the programming is easy to follow and intuitive, it only takes minutes.

Setting up the flybarless controller is the more time consuming task.

kyleservicetech 04-09-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 945008)
For many helis all you do is download the profile from the Horizon site, and install. Personally i prefer to program mine from scratch so i know how everything is set up, but even then the programming is easy to follow and intuitive, it only takes minutes.

Setting up the flybarless controller is the more time consuming task.

Good to know, thanks.

FYI, Spektrum's engineers indicate that the software in their DX8 transmitter is some 200,000 lines of code. That might account for the extra $$$$'s for those DX8's. :D

solentlife 04-10-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 945004)

Correct .... it's strange that Author has plumped for Throt ch1 setting ... you'd think that there would be alternative AETR as well ...

The 9x was far easier on stock firmware to program up a heli.

Nigel

solentlife 04-10-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 945007)
Sorry to say this, and I know I probably keep banging on. Sometimes it is worth paying more for a system with intuitive easy to follow programming and that comes with proper fully detailed and easy to follow manuals written in real English. Plus of course good customer support if you do have problems.

I know mainstream systems might appear expensive in comparison to these 9x systems, but what price do you put on hours on end of frustration and wasted time?

They may be easier - but then limitations start to kick in as to extent of functions.

It's a roundabout and swings matter ... and one that I would ask is better debated elsewhere ... in the other threads that degenerated into such ...

Not being rude - but I asked for a 450 Heli setup routine not a debate on the pro's and con's of brands.

;);)

Nigel