WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   SEFF 2014 (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   Don's Saturday and Sunday SEFF 2014 photos (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73562)

Don Sims 04-15-2014 12:22 AM

Don's Saturday and Sunday SEFF 2014 photos

Took a SD card full of pictures to work intending to do some uploading but I was too busy playing catch up!! Jeeeesh, you would think it would be possible to get something done besides work during lunch or take a bit of a break. Maybe I can get a few uploaded this evening. Gotta check our internet usage, out the in the sticks we pay by the Gig.

By the way... If you spot a photo that you want, send me a PM and I'll give you a high resolution version of it. All the photos are reduced for posting on WF and I'm happy to share any photos I take.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 12:32 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Lets see, yeah we have a bit of time to spare with me being gone a few days this billing cycle.... Saturday I spent the morning getting caught up on Fridays photos but I got back to the field in time to catch the noon demos....

Don Sims 04-15-2014 12:38 AM

10 Attachment(s)
The Gianormans made it through this noon demo just fine. Hated to see the Friday crash, the guy who built it did a fantastic job on the thing and it was a shame to see it crash.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 12:50 AM

17 Attachment(s)
The vendors and Team Cobra put on a great show. Only one plane crashed that I saw. Horizon pilot got a jet a bit too low doing a pass.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 01:01 AM

18 Attachment(s)
I got in a spot so you could see how busy the ground crews are at events doing demos. The pilots kept busy flying but the folks behind the scenes make things happen and keep the show moving along.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 01:02 AM

Well that's about it for this evening.... Don't need to burn up my net time....

Don Sims 04-15-2014 10:19 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I made sure that I got some shots of the Heli flying since I missed that on Friday then went back to Team Cobra central and got ready for the Demolition derby. Sorry but no photos of Mac's bomber flying from Saturday.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 10:35 AM

18 Attachment(s)
It was a blast flying in the Demolition Derby and my plane actually survived five hits. Those guys from Flighttest sure do design a tough plane and Nick built a good one to fly.

After the foamie destruction and carnage more wandering around photos.

Don Sims 04-15-2014 10:53 AM

16 Attachment(s)
Bub Steve sure got a lot of flying in this year.

The best new product entries were on display so the pilots could vote on them. There were several great entries to choose from.

The GiaNormans won the prize!

gramps2361 04-16-2014 12:25 AM

Great batch of photos, and Mr. Cooper looks pretty relaxed flying that FunCub.

Thanks for posting these up I know a lot of time goes into uploading a batch of photos.

Don Sims 04-16-2014 12:57 AM

18 Attachment(s)
Too true Gramps, missed you this year. I also missed David H. enjoy chatting with him each year and didn't see him.

Wandered down to the DLG area, even threw the Alula a few times but the guys there could really get some height on their DLG's. They were also launching foamie Alula's with a tow plane. I tried it but didn't get off the ground and tore the front off my DLG. Nothing a bit of CA didn't fix.

The last few shots of this set is the Paintball shoot. I flew in it and had a blast so to speak. Unfortunately the wing on my foamie was shot loose within the first minute or so and I crashed to far away to fix it. Maybe next year!!

Don Sims 04-16-2014 01:04 AM

17 Attachment(s)
A Flightest plane and one of the Flightest pilots won the shootout. Nicks plane survived too but took less hits on Saturday. Lots of pilots flew and the shooters and pilots had a blast.

Don Sims 04-16-2014 01:33 AM

22 Attachment(s)
Glad to see the Awards winners and the radio winners. The Germans from Team Cobra (Ssssssssssssssssttttt!) won two of the radios. Actually Team Cobra (Sssssssssssssstttttttt!!) did well in the SEFF raffles too.

After the ceremonies I wound down my photo taking and enjoyed the company of other folks at SEFF. The ride home went well, at least I didn't get another flat on the bike.

A huge THANK YOU to the Fayette Flyers, Mac for hosting the event, the Vendors who attended and contributed to the raffle, Fireman Bill for letting us stay in his trailer, Laine and Team Cobra for letting me hang around, Nick King for pacing his ride back to West Tennessee so we can ride together, and all the fantastic folks I had the pleasure of chatting with some time during SEFF 2014.

Don Sims 04-16-2014 01:36 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Homeward bound to West Tennessee... Running with Nick King.... Thinking about SEFF 2014 and looking forward to SEFF 2015.

stevecooper 04-16-2014 03:15 AM

6 Attachment(s)
This was the best SEFF ever (#6 for me) laid-back and all smiley faced:D
Next year I can only hope to be as awesome,
bubsteve

gramps2361 04-17-2014 12:08 AM

Nice wheels for the Cub missed seeing all of you folks this year. I'll be there for 2015 just waiting now for the 2015 calender so I can mark my time off.:)

Don Sims 04-17-2014 01:48 AM

Great photos Steve, thanks for posting them!