WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   DX9 Aileron - Rudder mixing. What am I missing? (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73635)

mclarkson 04-25-2014 02:23 AM

DX9 Aileron - Rudder mixing. What am I missing?

I have a new plane that I'm setting up on my DX9 radio. I want to add in some Aileron - to - rudder mixing.

The DX9 has a selection under MIXING called AIL > RUD. This sounds like exactly what I need.

So I enable it, set it to a switch, adjust the LEFT and RIGHT mix %, and ...

nothing happens. Aileron movement does not cause rudder movement. (Nor does rudder movement cause aileron movement.)

The DX9 provides a handy monitor right there on the mixing screen so I can see that nothing's happening.

This should be really simple. What am I missing?

Stevephoon 04-25-2014 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclarkson (Post 946505)
... set it to a switch...

Is the enable switch is set to the enable state??

I bought a DX9 as well, I have not tried a Aileron to Rudder Mix yet. I have done a Rudder to Elevator mix which works fine. I set it up just like you stated for your mix... I'll pull it out tomorrow (after work) and double check the settings and look at what happens on the output screen...

I was hoping to see some action on this TX here on Wattflyer... The DX9 thread over on RcGroups is so active, I can't keep up...

Steve

mclarkson 04-25-2014 04:45 AM

I've flipped the Enable switch both ways. I've also set it to ON rather than a switch. No joy.

JetPlaneFlyer 04-25-2014 08:42 AM

I have the DX18 which has the exact same programming menu. Sounds like you are doing all the right things, it works ok when i set up Ail>Rud mix on my DX18.
What % value did you set? If you use a small value the servo movement is so small as to be undetectable at the servo or in the monitor. If you want to check that it's working whack the % value up to around 50% or more, then you should notice it doing it's stuff. For actual flying try around 15% for starters.

mclarkson 04-25-2014 10:18 AM

I set it to 25% but that's a good idea. I'll dial it up to 100% and see if that makes any difference.

Stevephoon 04-29-2014 01:02 AM

Mark, Sorry that I never got back with you, did you figure this out yet?

With mine, It's as simple as your original post. I'm on the latest firmware. 1.05. I see it on the mix screen, (Aileron input giving some Rudder movement) and on the main screen as well.

Steve

mclarkson 04-29-2014 03:45 AM

It seem to have magically started working. :/ I have no idea what I might have changed, or done wrong in the first place, but I fired it up just now to get some photos of its behaviour and it's now doing just what it ought to.