WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indoor & Micro Electric Planes (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   parkzone corsair micro (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73669)

Bill Gibson 05-02-2014 02:25 AM

parkzone corsair micro

Does anyone have one of these? How does it fly? I was thinking about getting one!

xmech2k 05-02-2014 02:46 AM

I never got one but read quite a bit about them. I understand they come tail heavy, and people had to put a penny in the nose or something to get them to fly well. Better search here and maybe RCG for a thread before you buy.

BroncoSquid 05-02-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson (Post 947049)
Does anyone have one of these? How does it fly? I was thinking about getting one!

Bill, if this question had been posted by ANYONE else, I would have refered them to you. The way I see it you are the UM expert here on WF.:oops:

Chucksolo69 05-02-2014 05:46 PM

I had one. All I can say, out of all the UM planes I have had from PZ and Eflight, the Corsair was the absolute worst of them all. It is tail heavy and difficult to fly. I fought mine all the time and finally gave it away. If you want a UM Warbird from Parkzone, get the P-51 Mustang. That seems to fly the best. I also have/had the Spitfire and Warhawk. Both mediocre IMHO. Best micro planes right now, IMO, are the Aircore planes from Flyzone. They are better built and fly better. I have the Miss America and the BF109. Looking to get the Zero next.

Bill Gibson 05-07-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoSquid (Post 947101)
Bill, if this question had been posted by ANYONE else, I would have refered them to you. The way I see it you are the UM expert here on WF.:oops:

MWA??? Bronco, i sure appreciate the props, but dude, the LAST thing i am regarding ANYTHING to do with electric flight is an expert!!:Q In fact, i had been BAILED OUT of so many of the DUMB things ive done in this INSANELY FUN hobby by the REAL experts on this forum that it aint EVEN funny!!:rolleyes: The one thing i do know to be a fact is that micros are an ABSOLUTE BLAST to play with, and im COMPLETELY OVER THE TOP with 'em!:):):):):)I fly SOMETHIN' EVERY CHANCE I GET!! Oh, and im not even GOOD at it!!:rolleyes::)

flyvemaskin 12-11-2014 12:00 AM

I've had two of the parkzone micro corsairs, and both were horrible, I taped a penny under the nose as suggested in these forums, and the darn things got in the air, rolled over on their backs and went in. I'd stay away from them. The warhawk I did like, still fly it in the street in front of my house, but like mentioned, the P-51 is by far the best flying warbird Parkzone puts out. I also love my little T-38 these two are great.

flypaper 2 12-11-2014 02:06 AM

There's a slot in the bottom for the batt. I cut a longer slot all the way up to the nose to get the 500ma batt far enough forward for decent flight. Flew good after that.

flyvemaskin 12-11-2014 02:31 AM

Glad you found a way to fix it, mine are sitting in their boxes broken and I have no intention of trying to repair them again.