WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   HK Problem (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73673)

maxflyer 05-02-2014 10:58 PM

HK Problem

Anyone know how to silence the HK notices for arrival of backorder items? They make it easy to request notification, but I'll be darned if I can find out where you request the notifications to stop coming.

JetPlaneFlyer 05-02-2014 11:39 PM

I don't know of any way to turn them off either, but for me they aren't so bad. When the item comes in for some reason I get about thee notifications, and that's it, they stop after that.

maxflyer 05-02-2014 11:51 PM

Good to know I'm not just lame. I get something like 12-14 all at once for the same item. The same thing will come through again over several days. Ironically, they're biting off the hand that feeds them. It is not likely I will be suckered into doing again in future.

DHC Beaver 05-03-2014 05:12 AM

There is a "tickbox" on your wishlist.The default setting is to be notified when item becomes available,even when it's in stock.
Unchecking the box helps,but I sometimes still get the notification.
Not really a big deal,I'd have thought.

JetPlaneFlyer 05-03-2014 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHC Beaver (Post 947152)
There is a "tickbox" on your wishlist.

I wasn't referring to the wish list and I'm pretty sure Maxflyer wasnt either. It's the 'Stock Arrival Alert' that i was referring to. When you tick the box on an out of stock item that says "email me when it arrives" you get these multiple emails when it does come in, and there appears no way to disable them. The item doesn't show up on your wish list.

solentlife 05-03-2014 08:29 AM

I only get one notification when it arrives.

But I do get another when the NEXT stock arrives .. but after a second stock - it seems to go away.

Nigel

CHELLIE 05-03-2014 08:57 AM

put HK on your junk email list, then from time to time you can delete them all.

DHC Beaver 05-03-2014 11:46 PM

"I wasn't referring to the wish list and I'm pretty sure Maxflyer wasnt either."

Sorry guys,I must have misunderstood.
If I'm interested in any item that's not in stock,it goes in my wishlist.I don't order it until it is available.Some of HK's items may take months to be restocked.
I have no realistic alternative,so i just sit it out

JetPlaneFlyer 05-04-2014 06:55 AM

No need to say dorry, the wish list might actually be a better option than the stock arrival notification, because as you say with the wish list you can turn it off.

So if you add an out of stock item to your wish list you get pinged with an email when it come in?

DHC Beaver 05-04-2014 08:17 AM

"you get pinged with an email when it come in?"

Yep,sure do:)