WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aerial Photography (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   808#20 (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73783)

thepiper92 05-22-2014 08:05 PM

808#20

So I tossed in a class 10 card into the #20. The camera blinks with a blue led, and goes to the video mode led after about 10 seconds. I managed to get a 4 minute video, but again the video just stopped. Is this a problem with the battery? I only had a few 2 minute videos the last time it was used, and it shouldn't drain the battery in off mode really.

CHELLIE 05-22-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 948856)
So I tossed in a class 10 card into the #20. The camera blinks with a blue led, and goes to the video mode led after about 10 seconds. I managed to get a 4 minute video, but again the video just stopped. Is this a problem with the battery? I only had a few 2 minute videos the last time it was used, and it shouldn't drain the battery in off mode really.

Hi :ws: Here is some info on your camera, you might need to reset the battery by disconnecting it and reconnecting it, some people use the power from the bec at the receiver to power the camera with, check what voltage your camera uses, Hope that helps, Chellie

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C20/

121211 - #20 Battery Module Improvements The producer of the 808 #20 (BestDVR) is committed to continuously improving the camera. They are making some design improvements that will increase the reliability of the battery module protection circuit.

If the camera does not respond to button presses, even though the battery has been charged and the camera has been reset, then the battery might need to be reset. Do the following on a non-metallic surface. Open the plastic case (two screws) and disconnect and re-connect the two cables - 1) the battery connector and 2) the USB cable. This will reset the battery and the camera will start working again.

thepiper92 05-22-2014 08:28 PM

Hmm, doesn't seem to be any info on the issue I am having.

thosmosis 05-23-2014 03:14 PM

SD card is almost full? Does a lower class card do the same thing?

thepiper92 05-23-2014 05:04 PM

Well the lower class card, or guessing lower class, as it doesn't say the class, recorded a two minute video. It doesn't blink blue in the beginning. It's not a full card, the class ten is 32gb

solentlife 05-24-2014 06:28 AM

I generally will not put higher than an 8Gb card in ... even though some specs say 16 .. 32Gb ... you can have problems with writing to the card.

Keeping down in size and to highest speed class is recc'd.

If you use a slow card ... you often experience jerky video ... or even a recording that says it's there but fails to play.

Nigel

kyleservicetech 05-24-2014 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 948952)

If you use a slow card ... you often experience jerky video ... or even a recording that says it's there but fails to play.

Nigel

Yeah, I've run across that same issue also. :oops:

thepiper92 05-24-2014 06:58 AM

Hmm, odd, the generic card I have is 2gb. Video is not jerky on it, but most videos cut out after a 30 seconds. Perhaps I'll have to pop it open, reset battery. I can't find anything on the #20 and using a cable to the receiver. I found it on the 16, but not sure it the cable/voltage would be the same. Also, the cable is 4 bucks...and 20 bucks shipping. The connector looks similar to the lipo from the polecat I have. Maybe I could make one, but seeing the batteries available, they state 3.7 V, wouldn't receiver voltage be too high. It seems there are also external batteries available, with 1200mah, and Input Voltage of 5V, but maybe that is input into the external battery, not input into the camera from the battery.

solentlife 05-24-2014 11:27 AM

808 Keycams are 1S 3.7v ....

They charge from 5v USB supplies ... you can use mains adaptor ... USB port on PC ... whatever you like.

First charge should be extended time and do NOT stop when LED says full ... the first charge needs to be for over 1 hour ... then charges after that can be as per LED ...

That's the advice I was given and has appeared to be true ...

Nigel

thepiper92 05-24-2014 01:48 PM

So simply leave it plugged in? Would direct power from receiver cause damage? I would think all of these 808's are 3.7v batteries.

solentlife 05-25-2014 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepiper92 (Post 948963)
So simply leave it plugged in? Would direct power from receiver cause damage? I would think all of these 808's are 3.7v batteries.

Basically I left mine plugged in when first charging for a number of hours ... probably about 4 - 5hrs ...
Once I'd done that a cpuple of times - I now charge based on the LED light ... and I easy get about 1 hrs recording .. but of course it splits that into segments based on MB used ... if a lot of colours, changes in then video - the MB's used increases and length of segments reduces ... but they all join together fine with a video editor.

If the Rx is powered by 4.8v / 5v source - then I cannot see any reason why you couldn't power the 808 from that ... the charger source for the 808 is 5v USB. Only question I would have is the amps .....

Nigel

solentlife 05-25-2014 06:04 AM

deleted

thepiper92 05-25-2014 06:41 AM

Well there are cables for the #16 camera, in which you just remove the battery, or at least unplug it and connect the wire, the other end to the receiver. This would hurt time stamp but that's not a big deal. The issue is I don't know if the #20 connector is the same as the 16. I know the USB cable from the 16 is not compatible, but I would think all the batteries are the same connector. It make be possible to use a cable I have from the polecat, possibly minimal mod of the connector, and putting in a connector from a junk servo. I'll try charging the battery longer tho first, hopefully it will work.