WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Dynam 72Mhz radio reciever needs crystal (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73789)

time bandit 05-25-2014 04:07 PM

Dynam 72Mhz radio reciever needs crystal

I have a radio and receiver from a hawk-sky kit and the receiver is missing the crystal (I have no idea why). The radio is a Dynam model NE-KO 4 channel. The crystal is for channel 50. The Tx has 72.790 labeled on the back. I can't find a Dynam crystal (other than 2.4Ghz) and was curious if any brand 72Mhz crystal (channel 50) would work for this receiver. I would like to fire the hawksky up and see if she still fly's. [popcorn]

JetPlaneFlyer 05-25-2014 04:27 PM

I dont think you found any 2.4Ghz crystals anywhere, because 2.4GHz doesnt use crystals. Generally 72Mhz crystals are interchangeable between brands but I cant say for sure with Dynam.

Assuming you have a 2.4GHz transmitter it would probably work out cheaper and easier just to pick up a cheap 2.4Ghz receiver and swap the 72MHz receiver out. For instance you can pick up a Spektrum compatible DSM2 'Lemon brand' receiver for less the $6. I don't think you will find a set of crystals for that price.

time bandit 05-25-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 949014)
I dont think you found any 2.4Ghz crystals anywhere, because 2.4GHz doesnt use crystals. Generally 72Mhz crystals are interchangeable between brands but I cant say for sure with Dynam.

Assuming you have a 2.4GHz transmitter it would probably work out cheaper and easier just to pick up a cheap 2.4Ghz receiver and swap the 72MHz receiver out. For instance you can pick up a Spektrum compatible DSM2 'Lemon brand' receiver for less the $6. I don't think you will find a set of crystals for that price.

You are correct, there are no crystals for 2.4Ghz. I don't know where I got that at!! I thought I saw some on the Nitroplanes site. I may as well just buy a cheapo 2.4Ghz for it like you're saying. I have a friend who wants to learn how to fly and I the hawksky would be a great way to go.

fhhuber 05-25-2014 06:08 PM

Not sure if Dynam used + or - shift but other than that issue you should be able to pick up used 72 nhz RXs cheap. Possibly as cheap to get a complete RX with the right crystal as to find the right crystal by itself.

There will be a different brand crystal that will work. The question is what frequency multiplier they used in the RX. There were only a couple of different multipliers.

The crystals had a habit of falling out and i got in the habit of wrapping the RX in electrical tape to keep the crystal in.

time bandit 05-25-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fhhuber (Post 949021)
Not sure if Dynam used + or - shift but other than that issue you should be able to pick up used 72 nhz RXs cheap. Possibly as cheap to get a complete RX with the right crystal as to find the right crystal by itself.

There will be a different brand crystal that will work. The question is what frequency multiplier they used in the RX. There were only a couple of different multipliers.

The crystals had a habit of falling out and i got in the habit of wrapping the RX in electrical tape to keep the crystal in.

Thanks for the info. I never thought about the crystal falling out.