WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Power Systems (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   E-flite servo control problem (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73886)

70sflyer 06-12-2014 10:49 PM

E-flite servo control problem

I have the E-flite Super Cub 25,with e-flite 46 ,670kv motor,E-flite 60a pro switch-mode BEC ESC ,Have Spectrom digital servos.Problem is that occasionally when I power every thing up,one of the controls dont work.Either elv,rud or alron.My receiver is Futaba.I have not had a ESC with a switch before so I am thinking switch may be flaky. or something else.Dont want to fly till Im sure it wont happen in air. Thanks

Larry3215 06-17-2014 08:22 PM

If it was the switch, then nothing would work when it went bad. No way for a bad switch on the esc to effect only one servo.

If its a different channel each time it happens, then it must be either the rx or tx.

If it was the same channel each time then I would suspect a bad connection or a bad servo.

Id try a different rx and see if the same thing happens. My guess is its the rx.

You might also try re-binding if Futaba 2.4 does that.

I just had another thought too. It could be the frame rate on your futaba is not compatible with those digital servos. IF the Futaba is programmable, try a different (probably lower) frame rate.

You might also try some different servos - non-digital - and see if the problem still occurs.

The more testing you do the easier it gets to narrow down the possibilities.

xmech2k 06-17-2014 09:14 PM

:confused: The 're-binding' fix again! Where is this coming from? Unless there's something I'm not aware of, a tx/rx are either bound or not. There is no bad bind that can cause flaky performance, intermittent signal loss, planes stalling, etc.

Larry3215 06-17-2014 10:40 PM

With spektrum, Id say mostly yes. I have "fixed" problems by going through re-binding proceedure. Granted, it may have well been something else I did while doing that that actually fixed it. Maybe I jiggled a wire or something :)

In any case, it certainly cant hurt.

I have no idea how Futaba 2.4 works, so was just suggesting checking what ever Futaba's equivalent was.

Ohm 06-18-2014 05:47 AM

Spektrum recommends rebinding Rx after the Tx has been dialed in (programmed/adjusted) to for the airframe it is in. Doubt that has anything to do with this.

xmech2k 06-18-2014 06:12 AM

From a well known Spektrum employee that helps us around the forums:
"...
I can't speak for other brands, but for Spektrum binding simply tells the rx which tx to listen to, and the tx how to talk to it properly. Nothing else.

A Spektrum rx will not hear anything other than the tx it is listening to. Everything else just sounds like background noise to it."

If you feel better about it, fine, do it. But I just don't think it should get around as if it's really going to do anything. Might give beginners a wrong idea.

http://colleendilen.com/wp-content/u...8.07.15-AM.png
:D;)

70sflyer 06-18-2014 05:36 PM

Thanks to every one for there responses,going to swap Futaba R617FS receiver first.Will post my findings.Dean

xmech2k 06-18-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohm (Post 950772)
Spektrum recommends rebinding Rx after the Tx has been dialed in (programmed/adjusted) to for the airframe it is in. Doubt that has anything to do with this.

I forgot to mention, that's so the rx learns it's failsafe servo positions.

Ohm 06-19-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmech2k (Post 950827)
I forgot to mention, that's so the rx learns it's failsafe servo positions.

Thanks for explaining why, cuz I did not remember the purpose.