WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Support & Suggestions (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Support_Needed unable to upload pics (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73998)

Porcia83 06-30-2014 03:45 AM

unable to upload pics
 
Made several attempts tonight to upload some pics, all with no luck. The first time I got a pop up from Wattflyer alerting me that pics didn't upload, and something about my token not being accepted. Never saw that before.

Shut down and rebooted, tried again, this time just a message in the attach/manage document section saying "upload failed".

Is this a system wide issue, or just with me? All pics were .jpg format.

Thanks for your review and suggestions.

thepiper92 06-30-2014 04:01 AM

How many pics are you trying to upload? I've had that issue. Best option is sign up on photo bucket, and link your pics to photo bucket here

Porcia83 06-30-2014 04:04 AM

first set was 8, then I had another post where I tried to link one. I wouldn't expect 1 to crash the grid. :silly::p>

thepiper92 06-30-2014 04:09 AM

That's odd, usually one should be fine. Try photobucket.

kyleservicetech 06-30-2014 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcia83 (Post 951845)
Made several attempts tonight to upload some pics, all with no luck. The first time I got a pop up from Wattflyer alerting me that pics didn't upload, and something about my token not being accepted. Never saw that before.

Shut down and rebooted, tried again, this time just a message in the attach/manage document section saying "upload failed".

Is this a system wide issue, or just with me? All pics were .jpg format.

Thanks for your review and suggestions.

What was the size of your photographs. Wattflyer does not always like large file sizes in your photos. I've reduced the file size and never had a problem. The freeware program I use is http://www.faststone.org/, and their image viewer 5.1. This is a quite powerful program that does a lot more than just change file sizes.

FYI, I do the "Resize/Resample" command to Width = 1600, and the photo always loads into wattflyer.

fhhuber 06-30-2014 04:40 AM

Generally upload fail = too large of a file. For my camera I have to reduce the files to 30% of the default JPG size. I just load the pic into Paint or some other basic editing program, select all, shrink/grow 30% and then crop (because it shrinks the image but doesn't chop off the suddenly blank border)

Porcia83 06-30-2014 01:27 PM

I'm not the swiftest with changing settings etc on the pics etc, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions!

dahawk 06-30-2014 03:10 PM

I use imageshack but others like Dropbox or photobucket work as well.

Makes you copy and paste the URL by first
Deleting the https: starter in the image dialog box

Porcia83 06-30-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech (Post 951852)
What was the size of your photographs. Wattflyer does not always like large file sizes in your photos. I've reduced the file size and never had a problem. The freeware program I use is http://www.faststone.org/, and their image viewer 5.1. This is a quite powerful program that does a lot more than just change file sizes.

FYI, I do the "Resize/Resample" command to Width = 1600, and the photo always loads into wattflyer.


BINGO...that did the trick, thanks!

kyleservicetech 06-30-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porcia83 (Post 951867)
I'm not the swiftest with changing settings etc on the pics etc, but I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions!

That Faststone software is very easy to use on existing digital photos.

http://www.faststone.org/


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:25 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Page generated in 0.08138 seconds with 13 queries