WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beginners - Helis (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Finding parts (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74030)

bomar 07-06-2014 06:49 PM

Finding parts

As an intro to this hobby, I won a World Tech Toys Hercules supposed "unbreakable" helicopter. We've been talking of getting something but sitting on the fence.. so this would be great to get started... except....

A connect buckle came off ( of course we didn't know about the possibility of this happening ) and we have no clue where it is..

I contacted the company ( Hobbytron.com ) and was told they didn't sell them individually, only parts kits.. which they sell for an ok price of $8.95 but then kill you with shipping and processing.

I searched the internet and can't find any parts for this brand except in full kits. And hubby had only about 6 minutes of flight on this one.

Does anyone have an idea how to get just the buckles for this helicopter? It's tough grounding it for a penny part!

In the meantime, though hubby doesn't know.. I ordered a Syma S107G for him.. one that comes with spare parts and an AC charger.. plus ordered some extra connect buckles. I saw how this helicopter has parts available. Ordered this one on Amazon:
Genuine 2012 Rare BLACK COLOR Syma S107G 3CH Gyro RC Helicopter With Bonus Spare Parts & AC Charger

I know he likes outdoor flying.. he's been an RC plane fanatic years ago flying with the clubs (not electric).. but he can take to indoors for now.. can't really afford to get into the hobby of more expensive equipment right now.

solentlife 07-07-2014 08:29 AM

What a nice Lady you are ... welcome.

First of all - you now see the problem with many of these small budget machines - spare parts are often a serious matter. Many a small model has been consigned to shelf for this reason.

Have you tried contacting World Toys direct ? : http://www.worldtechtoys.com/

They have a customer service email address at bottom of that page ...

customerserv@worldtechtoys.com

and a phone number. Could be worth a call .. and its USA based - so maybe they will just send you the connectors FoC .. worth a call !

For parts - Syma has a lot on eBay ... I have the S106 Shark ... and eBay keeps that going.

But if you want a single rotor machine for indoors and manoeuvres properly .. then Banggood and their WLToys range are where to go .. the V911 is a good starter but is 2x the price of your Amazon.

Nigel

bomar 07-07-2014 12:50 PM

Thank you. I did contact World Tech Toys and basically was told I had to order the full parts kit, they don't have just the buckle connectors.

I think we'll start off with the Syma and see how it goes... the house is a little small but I think this might lead into heading outdoors again since that's where he really enjoyed his planes.

Oops.. see the V911 is good for outdoors! I'll look into it.. just have to get some more Amazon codes .. I may have gotten this before the Syma, but I think it'll be ok for now.

fhhuber 07-07-2014 05:25 PM

Lower quality means lower quality service too.

Mattel was never good about having spare parts for toys either.

JetPlaneFlyer 07-07-2014 07:28 PM

As per previous replies. These cheap co-axial (dual rotor on one shaft) helis are basically intended as toys, you fly them, you break them, you throw them away. Their performance is also such that you tend to get bored with them pretty quickly. Co-axial helis in particular although easy to fly tend to have very limited capabilities and cant be flown outdoors because they have little forward speed so will just drift away on the breeze. The single rotors like the V911 fly a lot better though do require more skill.

If you want something to last and have good spares availability you do have to spend a fair bit more and get the stuff aimed at the hobbyist rather than the toy market.

bomar 07-07-2014 09:02 PM

It's that I see several companies that have the buckle connectors available on the market. I know it's a cheap toy. Glad no money was put into it to get it.

Will have some fun with the Syma I think. I watched a video of the V911 and since it's in an affordable range, may try that after. Just don't have the cash to get back into the major hobby right now.

solentlife 07-07-2014 09:43 PM

I've been RC'g for 45 yrs and have all sorts of planes ... and heli's.
I really have a ball with the V911.
I wouldn't try flying it outside with any wind - best in calm / near calm... but it is a lot of fun indoors.
If you do go for a 911 ... then buy the 5 pack of extra batt's they do as well ... I can g'tee that the incl. stock 2 is not enough !!

My Syma 106 co-ax .. to be honest sits and looks pretty on the shelf now ... as JPF says - a co-ax is pretty limited in what it can do.

Nigel

bomar 07-08-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 952440)
I've been RC'g for 45 yrs and have all sorts of planes ... and heli's.
I really have a ball with the V911.
I wouldn't try flying it outside with any wind - best in calm / near calm... but it is a lot of fun indoors.
If you do go for a 911 ... then buy the 5 pack of extra batt's they do as well ... I can g'tee that the incl. stock 2 is not enough !!

My Syma 106 co-ax .. to be honest sits and looks pretty on the shelf now ... as JPF says - a co-ax is pretty limited in what it can do.

Nigel

I was wondering about the batteries..

I don't know if we really have a "calm" day where we live.. close to it, though.

bomar 07-08-2014 04:30 PM

OK.. I see the V911 has different versions..

V911 / V911 pro and they have V912 listed..

What is the difference between V911 and V911 pro?

solentlife 07-08-2014 04:38 PM

The difference ? I have no idea as I only fly the V911-1 from them ... plus the 959 Quad with camera.

I also fly a much larger full control 450 Heli ... but that is a serious machine and needs considerable patience and determination to learn. The V911-1 I have is a good machine that is not so hard to fly ... but will do a lot more than the average co-ax (dual rotor machine).

Nigel

JetPlaneFlyer 07-08-2014 11:02 PM

Here's a review of the V911 Pro.. It seems like it's an updated version which replaces the 'old' V911 and fixes some of it's weaknesses: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006437

bomar 07-09-2014 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer (Post 952559)
Here's a review of the V911 Pro.. It seems like it's an updated version which replaces the 'old' V911 and fixes some of it's weaknesses: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2006437

Good review! Sounds like it's not too much for us to jump into the pro over the V911. Some pros and cons, including no spare parts yet!

When we get ready.. which I'm hoping will be soon.. will probably go with the regular V911!

solentlife 07-09-2014 02:02 AM

I would suggest to go for the V911-1 ... this has the improved battery connector ..

One trick ... the Tx sticks are short on the stock Tx. I took BBQ bamboo skewers and cut short lengths ... suitable to extend the stick height to desired. Then used black tape to fix in place and cover the plain wood. The sticks look like they are part of the original.
The longer sticks give finer better control ...

Nigel

CHELLIE 07-09-2014 11:41 AM

Maybe this might help

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-WLToys-P...item2c720014c6

$1.39

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA...7E%7E60_35.JPG

bomar 07-09-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHELLIE (Post 952613)

I've seen quite a few buckle connects on ebay.. but none state specifically for the Hercules. I've seen only one actually put the size on.. and noted there are different sizes.

I went out with the rake yesterday in spots where the Herc had fallen in hopes of kicking up that missing buckle, but no luck... will try again another day.