WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Connecting Flaps to receiver (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74052)

marslaura 07-09-2014 07:25 PM

Connecting Flaps to receiver

How do I connect flaps to the same aux1 port so that they work together and are not opposite? I have a Spektrum AR 6115E Receiver and use a DX6I Transmitter. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

solentlife 07-09-2014 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Basically if connected via Y lead - then it makes no difference what Rx / radio you have ... there is really only mechanical way to do it ...

a) Single servo operating torque rods ... both control rods go to same hole on servo arm.

b) Twin servo .. first way is to flip one servo over and have BOTH facing same side of model ... this means that operating rod will be on inside of one servo nearest fuselage and on outside of another away from fuselage.

c) Twin servo where each servo faces opposite way ie each facing its own wing parts tip ... but the servo output arm is on one servo at rear and on other is at front .. this means control rods will be different lengths.

See attached piccie ...

Nigel

Wrongway-Feldman 07-10-2014 03:43 AM

There's two ways to do it with a Y lead.
One is to use a standard Y lead and place the servos exactly the same as each other. ie: when looking down at the servos both control arms are on the same side. I don't like this method as the lack of simetry bothers my ocd.
The second is to use a reversing Y lead. Using that you can place the servos in mirror to each other and one of the servos will be reversed to the other. That way simetry is restored and doesn't bother my ocd.

fhhuber 07-10-2014 04:02 AM

Or... digital programmable servos and program one for reverse.

Many ways to do it.

solentlife 07-10-2014 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman (Post 952689)
There's two ways to do it with a Y lead.
One is to use a standard Y lead and place the servos exactly the same as each other. ie: when looking down at the servos both control arms are on the same side. I don't like this method as the lack of simetry bothers my ocd.
The second is to use a reversing Y lead. Using that you can place the servos in mirror to each other and one of the servos will be reversed to the other. That way simetry is restored and doesn't bother my ocd.

Agreed ... but to anyone looking at 'reversers' who haven't used them before ... some of the budget ones introduce higher latency to the signal and can on a high performance machine lead to poor response ... (V-tail mixers can suffer same problem as well).

Here with Flaps - this should not be a problem ... but if was split elevator servos then a pylon racer or similar could be interesting. When it's precision needed - I always flip the servo round .... if I cannot use an extra Aux channel.

Nigel

Wrongway-Feldman 07-10-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 952696)
Agreed ... but to anyone looking at 'reversers' who haven't used them before ... some of the budget ones introduce higher latency to the signal and can on a high performance machine lead to poor response ... (V-tail mixers can suffer same problem as well).

Here with Flaps - this should not be a problem ... but if was split elevator servos then a pylon racer or similar could be interesting. When it's precision needed - I always flip the servo round .... if I cannot use an extra Aux channel.

Nigel

Never even thought of the budget reversers. For flaps or retracts I've always gone with a name like Jr. Excellent point.