WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Electric Discussions (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hobbyking (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74351)

garyp1029 08-23-2014 02:49 AM

Hobbyking

What is the secret trick in ordering from Hobbyking. I put in my phone number; it declares it invalid--I tried my house phone and two different cell phones with the same result. I order two batteries totaling $11.90 (2s 300mah) weighing a total of 54g, and they say the postage should be $7 although their postage table say it should be $4.99. In addition they end up with a grand total of $22.83 for the two batteries. All this was while trying to order on the new Arkansas warehouse site. Tried to "chat", but this was an exercise in futility. I know many people order from them, but I have not yet figured out how to get by the redtape and doubletalk. Gary

CHELLIE 08-23-2014 10:56 AM

dont use the # 1 before the area code, click on the least expensive shipping option, sometimes they charge for special packaging, take off your Caps if you have them on, check your cookies, you might have your security to high, they need cookies to process orders, Hope that helps, Chellie

carpetbagger 08-23-2014 01:51 PM

The secret to ordering from HK is don't order. I tried once and had worse luck than you. Tried to register on the HK site = fail. Tried to order as guest = fail. Treid chat to figure out the problem = fail. Next move,delete HK from my "plane shop" list and stick with vendors that know how to run a business.

Rockin Robbins 08-23-2014 04:24 PM

Completed an order yesterday through the US Warehouse. No problems at all--the site works exactly as it should.

I use Firefox or Chrome, NEVER Internet Exploder. I watch what extensions I'm using, have my system and plug-ins completely updated. Clearing browser cache may also be useful.

I assure you the problem is not with the HK site. It is strictly local.

JetPlaneFlyer 08-23-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 955735)
I assure you the problem is not with the HK site. It is strictly local.

+1.. HK didn't get to the size they are by having a site that prevents anyone from ordering.

I recently completed my 57th order with HK. Within those many 100's of products I've ordered there have been a couple that had issues, but ordering itself was never a problem. The biggest issue I've had with the HK site is that it's sometimes a bit slow.

Hobbyking is far and away the biggest retailer of RC products on the planet, so clearly many thousands of people are managing to place orders. If you are having problems then I'd suggest logic points to it most likely being one at your end, not a inherent issue with HK. Though I'd agree with the criticism of their customer support, the HK CS reps are generally idiots, but unfortunately that's the compromise you have to accept for very low prices.

pizzano 08-23-2014 06:32 PM

+5....JP, RR, Chellie..........!

Our Masters Thesis (recently completed related to E-Commerce), statistically proved that HK is not only the leading internet vendor in the RC hobby environment, but is also in the top 20 globally in E-Commerce transactions and sales volume (they have other ventures in electronic equipment manufacturing) which are lumped into the total sales volume.

(I have the statistics if anyone is interested), it's quite involved and geared towards the Marketing nerds......:D

No E-Commerce business could survive very long without "user-friendly" applications and "above par" customer service. Be it, the majority of HK's volume is Euro and Asian based, surprisingly more than 10% of their electronic sales volume comes from North and South America........!

The only reason I do not purchase from them is the cost and time of shipping and return turn-a-round.........If I was into "volume", I'd certainly consider some of their products.

goodwrench00 08-23-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyp1029 (Post 955715)
What is the secret trick in ordering from Hobbyking. I put in my phone number; it declares it invalid--I tried my house phone and two different cell phones with the same result. I order two batteries totaling $11.90 (2s 300mah) weighing a total of 54g, and they say the postage should be $7 although their postage table say it should be $4.99. In addition they end up with a grand total of $22.83 for the two batteries. All this was while trying to order on the new Arkansas warehouse site. Tried to "chat", but this was an exercise in futility. I know many people order from them, but I have not yet figured out how to get by the redtape and doubletalk. Gary

Not trying to Hi-jack the thread BUT..... you mention an ARKANSAS warehouse, which is my home state. Do you know a City location? BTW I hope you get things going your way, I've had good luck with the "U.S" warehouse.

AEAJR 08-24-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzano (Post 955745)
+5....JP, RR, Chellie..........!

Our Masters Thesis (recently completed related to E-Commerce), statistically proved that HK is not only the leading internet vendor in the RC hobby environment, but is also in the top 20 globally in E-Commerce transactions and sales volume (they have other ventures in electronic equipment manufacturing) which are lumped into the total sales volume.

(I have the statistics if anyone is interested), it's quite involved and geared towards the Marketing nerds......:D

No E-Commerce business could survive very long without "user-friendly" applications and "above par" customer service. Be it, the majority of HK's volume is Euro and Asian based, surprisingly more than 10% of their electronic sales volume comes from North and South America........!

The only reason I do not purchase from them is the cost and time of shipping and return turn-a-round.........If I was into "volume", I'd certainly consider some of their products.

I have ordered from HK many times, but it is usually when I can't find the product somewhere else. I find their web site OK.

I had the same problem with the phone number that the OP reports.

As for customer service, they have virtually none. They sell on price. I can often get two of an item for what I would pay for 1 somewhere else. Not the same item, but something that has similar specs, like motors or ESC or batteries. So I order two so if one comes in defective I can throw it away and still have a working item.

Shipping is all over the place. If you can get it in the USA wareshouse (AL or CA) shipping can be reasonable. If it has to come from HK then shipping can be high and can wipe out any savings.

Having said that, they are getting better. My last two orders came in OK. Slow but OK. I don't order anything from them that I need quickly. For that I go to Tower or Horizon Hobby.

If I want excellent products at a reasonable price and I want it fast I get it from Tower or Horizon.

carpetbagger 08-25-2014 12:49 AM

Yeah, Tower & Horizon are fine - Horizon seems to ship a tad faster, but Tower has a better selection of stuff. For ESC, motors, batteries, servos and that sort of stuff, HeadsupRC. Great prices, ships to me in 3-4 days for $2 - yes, that's right = $2. Great customer service as well - ask a question get an answer.