WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chit Chat (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   you got to be kidding,no fly zone friday&saturday!!! (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74386)

tobydogs 08-28-2014 06:37 PM

you got to be kidding,no fly zone friday&saturday!!!

hey gang,
i took thurs and friday off from work to get some r&r......went to the field to sit around and chat with a few buds and even though it's windy[10 TO 15MPH+] i got 4 flights in on the 260 extra and electrifly 540t edge. .

then the bad news came....no flying do to vip traffic from 1pm friday through all of saturday:eek:...:censor::censor::censor::mad:.

we are on the edge of the government declared noflyzone and that means we are all grounded since the club president says we obey the rules even though we shouldn't worry. what really sucks is i took 2 days off to go to fly today,and go to the beach friday with my wife and daughter and hoped to go flying saturday weather permitting.

i'm home now.....there are 3 weed like trees growing alongside my house around 25 ft tall....i am going to gas up the chainsaw i hardly ever use,maybe put on a a hockey goalie mask and full length black leather jacket resembling the "chainsaw massacre guy and tear those trees to shreds:tc: my neighbors will think i'm crazy when doing this while i'm yelling "DIE YOU NO FLY F'ER'S WHO MAKE THIS HAPPEN ON LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!:blah:

edit: after reading a few jokes here on humor forums,i'v decided not to dress up and curse the government while cutting down the trees...lol,instead i will just kill them quietly and think of the stupid noflyzone rule makers,maybe now i won't cut my leg of in a rage of slaughterous anger taken out on a few hapless trees.

xmech2k 08-28-2014 06:49 PM

That sucks! We get hit with the no fly zone occasionally too, but Labor day weekend?! :blah:

tobydogs 08-28-2014 08:21 PM

TOOK ONLY AN HOUR,THOSE TREES ARE DEAD!!!!!BUNDLED AND ON THE CURB.

at least the beach friday should be beautiful.

Flubber 08-29-2014 01:50 PM

I feel your Pain Tobydogs. Our field is closed today (two days notice) to clear weeds. Sounds like someone just wants to play with the tractor. It is closed again tomorrow morning to clear different weeds. None of these weeds have any effect on the flight operations at the field. So sad :confused:

pd1 08-29-2014 02:13 PM

I hate those stupid no fly zones.

We have a club field 25 miles from Boston,we are also 25 miles from Portsmouth, NH and Manchester, NH.
Every time there is a VIP campaigning we're shut down.

I think the no fly zones bother me more than any other rule or regulation I know of.

tobydogs 08-29-2014 10:37 PM

i agree the rules are stupid......we'er not talking flying around the airports obama is using,just a few hundred ft off the ground over our field. looks like i'll do maintenance on the planes that get the most use.

i plan on changing the esc in an edf called the stinger......opps:eek:OH NO!!now the nsa will think i'm talking missiles.:blah:oh no!!!!now i'v typed the word missile:censor:...crap:censor:....i just did it again,now i should just hang the transmitter up for good and expect company tonight.:(

truth is Obama is flying to a local area thats across the river[hudson river]and we are closer than those no fly days when the areas for air force one is well south 20+miles of our field.

gotta say though,the beach was absolutely beautiful today.we got whistled by lifeguards cause we were to far out playing in the waves,we didn't know it but we were really caught in a rip tide which i didn't notice as a strong swimmer. when i turned around and saw my wife and daughter struggling i swam back out and pulled my daughter in,my wife was able to swim in and the life guard went after another swimmer who couldn't beat the pull of the waves out. all in all a great day at the beach.:Q

pd1 08-30-2014 12:36 AM

Glad you had a great day at the beach.
It just seems that the VIP's never show up on windy or rainy days.
I haven't been up to flying much lately and it never fails that they show when it's clear and light winds.

tobydogs 08-30-2014 01:48 PM

wooooohoooo! just read the restrictions have been lifted till 5:30 pm thru 11:30pm.

now i have to explain to my darling wife i want to go flying instead of taking the dogs to the vet at noon time..:cool:what a pita. the government sure knows how to mess up a weekends planning.

tobydogs 08-30-2014 11:50 PM

windy and wonderful day flying. bud's at the field were done flying when i arrived around 10:30 but others showed up and also flew.

now to figure out how to get more field time and spend time with my better half...:$

carpetbagger 08-31-2014 01:47 AM

Hey Tobydogs, my kids learned early on = swim parallel to beach when in a rip. Not sure where you are but we get mean rips on OBX. When red flags go up, all the surfers grab boards and run for surf.

You can check NOTAMs on AMA website for VIP closures. My former digs, Fairfax County, VA is under a non-expiring NOTAM - D.C. area. No problem now in East BugSplat, NC. Only unimportant VIPs visit here :-)