WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beginners (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A perfect practical quadcopter for beginner!! (http://www.Wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74392)

Helicoholics 08-29-2014 09:22 AM

A perfect practical quadcopter for beginner!!

http://im54.gulfup.com/KOMAEV.png
Cheerson CX-10 Nano RC UFO Quadcopter, , I think it is the most smallest Rc quadcopter.
It is so nano that you can hardly see it when it flys away meters long.
But it is very suitable for beginners to use, it have all the functions that branded multicopters to do with 6-Axis Gyro.
With strong break-resistant ability, to operate it is so easy that you can learn to control the multicopters skill quickly.
Super-mini size, you can put it into your pocket directly with its controller.
With such low a discounted price of $18.97, you can own a rc quadcopter without a hitch.
Anyway, i consider it is the perfect one that one would like to learn mulicopter control skills as beginners.

pizzano 08-29-2014 06:05 PM

"Anyway, i consider it is the perfect one that one would like to learn mulicopter control skills as beginners."

There may be many who have learned to fly multi-rotor who may disagree with that assessment.....and the main reason why is:

"It is so nano that you can hardly see it when it flys away meters long."
Orientation is one of the biggest hurdles to overcome with multi-rotor, particularly when the craft is at altitude.

"But it is very suitable for beginners to use"......"practical".....

The only aspect that may be "suitable" is damage control and price..........even at it's small size, hard knocks will take their toll very quickly and it's not really designed to be repaired or replacing parts, it's a throw-away meant to be replaced not repaired.

"Practical"...?...........I fail to see the practicality here, it's to small to have any practical purpose.

"you can own a rc quadcopter without a hitch"

There will be plenty of "hitches" once its been bounced off the wall or floor a few times. Thus, leaving the "beginner" frustrated and not learning much more than "they probably should have purchased a bigger craft to learn on".....even at $20.00 bucks a pop.

I find the sales promotion being presented here misleading and overstated. Particularly this statement:

"it have all the functions that branded multicopters to do with 6-Axis Gyro."

That is if "branded" implies Blade, Walkera, Heli-Max, Traxxas, Hubsan, WL Toys, Cheerson......leaving the Syma and Estes models off the list.

AEAJR 10-10-2014 07:36 PM

The folks in the Heli form might be more interested than the airplane forum.
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Rockin Robbins 10-10-2014 09:41 PM

What kind of sailplane is that thing?
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/j5az3t-1.gif

xmech2k 10-11-2014 12:19 AM

I think the guy in Rockin Robins post is so shocked because Heliholics keeps posting thinly veiled advertisements everywhere but in the appropriate section.

Siberianhusky 10-12-2014 12:17 PM

Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!

solentlife 10-12-2014 01:17 PM

I don't agree with OP's use of the forum to advertise .... there are specific places for such ...

But I did see similar to this 'Nano-Quad' at Cirava other day ... there was a gentle breeze and guy was happily flying it about the field !

Cheap Chinese Crap ? Just about covers most of what we use ?

Without it - many people would not afford modelling ...

Nigel

pizzano 10-12-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 959476)
I don't agree with OP's use of the forum to advertise .... there are specific places for such ...

But I did see similar to this 'Nano-Quad' at Cirava other day ... there was a gentle breeze and guy was happily flying it about the field !

Cheap Chinese Crap ? Just about covers most of what we use ?

Without it - many people would not afford modelling ...

Nigel

Cheap as in quality....crap as in stuff or junk.....?

I hardly believe you Nigel.....:D........you tend to lean towards quality at a reasonable price (based on what you post here at WattFlyer).

As for we.......well, that's another issue. Collectively, here at WattFlyer, it seems most prefer quality, pay up front once, and not have to worry about relliability, replacment and additional spending just to get the "junk" to function properly.......:rolleyes:

Today's cost (affordability) has given the wantabies many opportunities to get into the hobby.....however, the frustration they have experienced going cheap has also chased as many away.....most who go down that road never open a book or hook up with a mentor.....had they, quality, reliability and practicality would have been their first priorities.....not cost!.......;)

solentlife 10-12-2014 08:06 PM

Sorry to burtst the holy balloon P ... but check out how many recc'ds here on WF for Turnigy motors, HK models, just to mention two of the many.

HK is retail outlet of Hextronic ..... a large Chinese manufacturer. How many use HXT servo's ?
Even the holiest of thou Hacker is no longer original production, that moved some years ago.

Chinese production has in fact brought many to the fold. I agree that there is a lot of junk out there and I will say this - I know of those who have bought junk from the supermarket shelf, found its a waste of money - BUT the bug has bit and they sought flyable models.

We moan about production moving out to China - but I bet you have more on your bench because of the prices than if all had stayed domestic production. Doesn't matter if we talk USA or Europe .... same applies.

Nigel

Siberianhusky 10-12-2014 08:30 PM

I see where I called this thing junk, I see nowhere I called any of the good and reliable product coming out of china junk.
I really can't understand the HK/hextronic bit, those works never left my keyboard!

"Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!"

Exact quote, entire post!
How you went off on that rant is pretty funny.
Un-wad the panties and get off the high horse.

pizzano 10-12-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solentlife (Post 959501)
Sorry to burtst the holy balloon P ... but check out how many recc'ds here on WF for Turnigy motors, HK models, just to mention two of the many.

HK is retail outlet of Hextronic ..... a large Chinese manufacturer. How many use HXT servo's ?
Even the holiest of thou Hacker is no longer original production, that moved some years ago.

Chinese production has in fact brought many to the fold. I agree that there is a lot of junk out there and I will say this - I know of those who have bought junk from the supermarket shelf, found its a waste of money - BUT the bug has bit and they sought flyable models.

We moan about production moving out to China - but I bet you have more on your bench because of the prices than if all had stayed domestic production. Doesn't matter if we talk USA or Europe .... same applies.

Nigel

Many hobbiest (like Nigel) have little choice but to buy HK or other Asian based vendor (not manufacture) due to shipping and selection......it's common knowledge that 90% of all RC equipment is manufactured in an Asian country not just China, and it's common knowledge why.......and not everything made there is junk or cheap.

However, Nigel has failed to address this:

"most who go down that road never open a book or hook up with a mentor.....had they, quality, reliability and practicality would have been their first priorities.....not cost!"

One either takes this hobby to perfection or just fools around with it for kicks.....the latter will buy junk and desire a cheap price......and maybe enjoy the frustration enough to stick with it and eventually figure out most often you actually get what you pay for, after dropping 10 times the original purchase price keeping the junk in the air and in one piece......:D

solentlife 10-12-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberianhusky (Post 959505)
I see where I called this thing junk, I see nowhere I called any of the good and reliable product coming out of china junk.
I really can't understand the HK/hextronic bit, those works never left my keyboard!

"Great! Just what the world needs! More cheap chinese crap that ends up in the landfill!"

Exact quote, entire post!
How you went off on that rant is pretty funny.
Un-wad the panties and get off the high horse.

I made an honest comment which was pounced on by P .... no rant - just a genuine reply to P.

Nigel

thepiper92 10-12-2014 11:27 PM

I can see how this product is viewed as junk...then again my LHS has that tiny like quad...which has no parts available. Calling it Chinese junk...you cant really when everything is Chinese, and some of the actual Chinese companies put out products for less money and are better than "name brand", like frsky. You can't rely compare a Durafly model to the level of quality and support of this quad, yet both are Chinese. In fact, many name brand planes don't even compare to the detail and quality of Durafly and FMS.

solentlife 10-13-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzano (Post 959527)
Many hobbiest (like Nigel) have little choice but to buy HK or other Asian based vendor (not manufacture) due to shipping and selection......it's common knowledge that 90% of all RC equipment is manufactured in an Asian country not just China, and it's common knowledge why.......and not everything made there is junk or cheap.

However, Nigel has failed to address this:

"most who go down that road never open a book or hook up with a mentor.....had they, quality, reliability and practicality would have been their first priorities.....not cost!"

One either takes this hobby to perfection or just fools around with it for kicks.....the latter will buy junk and desire a cheap price......and maybe enjoy the frustration enough to stick with it and eventually figure out most often you actually get what you pay for, after dropping 10 times the original purchase price keeping the junk in the air and in one piece......:D

To risk crossing the line on this most excellent of Forums WF ... you bear me an injustice ...

You assume something that is not there ...

My retort to 'junk' was based on the perception of the statement "more Chinese junk ... landfill" .... implying that all is junk. Which even the author knows and has admitted later is not the case.

There are a few subjects that will cause difference of opinion ... and Chinese production is most definitely one ... Glow vs Electric, Balsa vs Foam are others.

The OP has tried to veil advertisement with a 'short review' ... something that I object to and I hope OP notes that this is not appreciated by at least 2 on this thread.

Now can we get back to our beloved hobby ?

Nigel

pizzano 10-13-2014 05:09 PM

Surely, the second post in this thead, expresses the same disdain for such......:D

road king 97 10-13-2014 11:57 PM

Lets make that three who dont like advertising here or tiny what ever it is also .Might have some very thin plastic on it to pick my teeth with tho :eek::D joe