So, I finally got around to building the funworld 400EP.
In fact, I flew it, crashed it, removed the covering, fixed it, and re-covered it already.
I'm using a BP 2810-12 motor: http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=D1748437
An e-flight 30A ESC
and 4 HXT 900 servos.
I built the elevator stock to begin with, but the split pushrods were very tight and didn't move smoothly. It also ended up slightly nose heavy. But it flew great. That is until I found out (during flight) that if I did full down and full left rudder, the two surfaces would bind together and cause a crash. Said crash blew the landing gear off, broke the rudder, a wing rib and a wing spar.
This is what resulted in me removing all the covering and re-covering it.
My wife picked out the color. This is that peal and stick covering that I hate. During the re-cover I decided to move the rudder and elevator servos to the tail end. This worked very well except I should have doubled up the balsa on both sides, not just the one.
It flys VERY well, except it has a stiff tendency to pull had left on up lines.