View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 AM   #22
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
I'm a "recycled" beginner in the hobby. I flew glow models many years ago, and find myself starting all over with a high wing trainer - this time electric powered, of course!

One thing that disappoints me somewhat is the apparent lack of kit planes available. Everything seems to be either foam or ARF. I enjoy building probably more than flying, so I started looking for my "next" plane, a low wing with some stability, but more capable than a trainer.

I've sent my LHS on a mission to get me a Sig Four Star 20EP. In my 'previous life' I built two Sig kits, so I know the quality I can expect. However, getting one has proven to be a problem, so I began looking for alternates. I found the BMJR Models Spacewalker (42" span) and Astro Hog (36" span) kits. Does anyone have any experience with these kits? If so, what are your opinions (quality, laser cutting, hardware, instructions, etc?)
Put me down for a "4Star40". Built one up a while back, did a lot of flying with it. Power back then was an Astroflight geared 40 brush motor and a 22 Cell Nicad pack. (Sold it to a club member who completely recovered it, and made a brand new airplane out of it)

That would really be a nice setup with modern brushless motors and Lipo or A123 batteries.

Don't know if kits are still available.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

Page generated in 0.09190 seconds with 17 queries